Monday, December 6, 2010

BACK TO QUILTING.


I'm starting off by stating the obvious for those of us living in Ontario this past weekend. It felt like "two feet of snow".... which is the photo on the right! Isn't that cute? I found this on the web .... we actually didn't have that much snow here, but some folks near Buffalo NY had it and we are only about 120 miles from there.
.
Yeah, winter is here, and summer went to Australia for the winter!
.
Do you remember my Spring Fling quilt that I started early in the summer this year? Well believe it or not, I'm back at finishing it as I
am now able to sit at the machine without
stresses on my hip.

.
Each day, I'm better and better with walking and doing things. It's always a new discovery each day as I'm getting stronger and stronger.
.
So Saturday, I ventured down to the basement to check out my poor ignored sewing area. Since coming home from the cottage it has been so neglected. I haven't put all things from the cottage
away even and had to search through
for my attachments.
.
So, I pressed and organized myself and managed to stipple down one side of the quilt only to find that I had turned under a section of the back. Of course I've not lost my skills in stitch picking, and which of us do, so I picked about 12" of the edge of the quilt.
.
I've decided that one side a day will suffice this girl. Not only that, this quilt is a queen so that's a bit of a stretch of sitting. So today, I shall try to do a bit more.
.
My sweetie put the lights on our blue spruce tree in the front yard and it looks spectactular! Old fashioned looking, all different colours, which remind us both of our childhoods.
.
I'm sitting her blogging and see on the tv a product called "twittens" which is gloves that are able to become fingerless gloves....just an adaption of what we've been doing for years. Hot off the presses in Canada...back ordered too! I make fingerless gloves for my grandkids all the time in funky colours.
.
Happy to blog on a snowy Monday...


11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanci,
Take it slowly Dear Friend - as Himself states, "it's not a track meet!" The quilts will be waiting for us over the course of the winter. Off to move my Mom tomorrow and Wednesday. Snow can't stop us hardy Canadians! Love to you both -
Helen

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad to hear that you are moving around better and able to get down the stairs! that must have felt so good knowing you could do that now.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Love that funny photo. I'm really glad you are progressing so well that you can sit and quilt now. That is one of my favorite quilts.

Enjoy the process - and take care.

Penny said...

One side a day sounds pretty good for the post-op gal. Doing the stairs to the basement sounds like a challenge to me. You are sounding stronger with every posting.

Shannon said...

It must be nice to be up and "running" LOL! We got a lot of snow over here in Idaho. I love that picture maybe I should have my kids do thatif we get more snow. Your quilt is so beautiful. Hang in there you will get it all done.

Shay said...

Nice to hear you're back at the sewing machine. A 5 week absence would drive me completely over the edge.

Adore the feet photo - we Aussies are fascinated by snow because we rarely see it unless we specifically go on holidays to the snow fields...

I hear unpicking is good for the soul. I must have the purest soul in the known universe!

Jennifer said...

Love the snow feet, isn't that hilarious! Isn't it great being able to use your machine again without too much discomfort? Just take it easy, and you will be spending a whole day at the machine again before you know it.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I bet it feels wonderful to sit and sew but take it easy!!

Crispy said...

Hooray!!! I'm so happy that you are able to finally do some quilting (and ripping, what a bummer!!). It's lovely to hear that you mending well and are getting around much better :0)

Loved the feet picture LOL.

Crispy

Barb said...

I am so glad that you are doing better and able to do some sewing. I hope eventually the pain will totally go away. Enjoy our Holidays!

Quiltgal said...

Love the two feet of snow. I am sure that London and parts arounds there could write a book about that this week. Glad to here your back quilting but don't over do. You want to be ship shape for the holidays.