Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TEXAS STORM IS COMING AND I'M READY FOR IT!

We usually hear of storms coming from the north, but this one is a Texas storm so we know it's going to be big.

I'm ready for it.  I have gloves for quilting which I found for under $4.00 at Fabricland.  They are Fons and Porter, don't know how good they will be, but the others I have cost around $10.00.  I couldn't resist them, and they are yellow, so much brighter than the photo you see.



I also have these fat quarters that came in the mail last week.  One never knows how long the post will take to send our goodies so Cathy sent these out from US and they only took about 5 days to get here.


Barb sent me these fabulous prints before she left Samoa to move to the cold cold climate of North America once again. 

The shock of her poor body from one extreme to the other I am sure.  So these are ready for the storm too.

I was in Fabricland looking for accent colour to add to these beauties when a woman asked me about these fabrics, so I told her Samoa, and she actually had been there!  Small, small world.

Can't believe I actually managed to get the photos uploaded, on the blog and without the frustrations of one that doesn't know much about computers.  I'm taking the computer courses offered at the seniors centre next fall.  Never mind the quilting courses, computer education is a must!

My blog is looking different because....I can't tell you because I don't know what.  I just wanted my photos to be on the right like they used to be, so design blog wasn't helpful.

I am still //// all over the place when typing... the geeky guy better get here soon!
Batten down the hatches people...I've got the snowblower filled with gas, and the Aussies are awaiting a tropical storm...it's going to be a few busy days in blogland.

12 comments :

Crispy said...

I hope the storm isn't as bad as they say it will be!! It sounds like you are well prepared :0)

Crispy

Leslie said...

i love the new bookshelf background!!! wouldn't it be fun to have fabric shelf background? we are getting snowed on as we speak...more snow that we have had in this part of NY in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Love the books! It is snowing here but thus far it isn't coming down heavily. I may build a snowman tomorrow if it turns into good packing snow. What the hey, we're Canadians and have learned how to make the most of the weather.
Cheers,
Helen

Penny said...

I replaced my old Acer a couple of years ago for a Lenovo and to this day, I miss my ACER. You will get used to the keyboard before you know it. I have the same gloves for my machine quilting... what am I saying, I don't machine quilt, I ship it off to a lady down the 401. Ottawa is only going to get 2-4 cms so good luck with your snowblowing. My shipment is on it's way.

Shirley said...

Stay safe Susan. Hope the snow doesn't get too deep and too cold. Don't go skating on the ice either.
Love Shirley.x

Susan In Texas said...

Hi Nanci,
We're iced in now, though I see people driving in it. I have no desire to try that though. I'm just enjoying a quiet day at home with my husband.

Stay warm,
Susan in Texas

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

We have the same storm coming. Already cancelled all after school activities and hoping for a "snow day" tomorrow! Have fun quilting!

Shay said...

Love your fabrics Nanci. Good to see you're prepared. Have fun with the creating.

The weather people here are saying that the cyclone in Far North Queensland is going to be the worst cyclone in living memory. Australia had one in 1974 that literally flattened Darwin. I remember that one and cant think of what will happen if this one is meant to be worse.

Barb said...

Yes, I need to get me some of those gloves....busy under boxes and boxes of junk....truly...where am I going to put all of this? I am whinning all over blog land like someone is going to come and rescue me...HA!!!!

Jennifer said...

I bought some gardening gloves, cotton ones with the little nubbies on the palms....works for me when I am machine quilting, and because they are cotton my hands don't get too hot. Have fun with all that new fabric! Hope the storm isn't too bad for you.

Pokey said...

New gloves, new fabric, and a new computer-sounds like you are about ready for anything! I hope the storm isn't as big as projected, it has been so rough for so many this year. Thinking of you, pokey

Jill {Sweet Diva} said...

Catching up on responding to comments....thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Now following yours.....and praying that you stay safe!
Blessings to you,
Jill @ Sweet Diva
http://sweetdivamj.com