Monday, March 14, 2011

I'M BACK IN THE GROOVE!

 I  havent' been good about quilting or
blogging lately.  I've just not felt like it for some reason.

I actually haven't been doing much actually.

What you ask have I been doing?

 Well last week for example, I watched "chess on ice" otherwise known as Curling.  The Canadian
championships were on tv for most of the afternoons and the evenings.  So there went days.  I knit while watching the above.  When it got exciting, I knit faster.  Of course it was very exciting so I did knit socks and more socks and fingerless gloves to go with same.

I wish I could say that the quilt top was my doing, but alas, my friend
Penny...aka Harmony Hopes who lives in Ottawa had commented last year that she wanted a quilt done in free motion, but for the life of her she just didn't have the knack of doing this.  So I said that she should send it to me.

It arrived around the first of January, (I did say I've been in a bit of a funk)  and Penny did say "no rush".  Well here it is.  I can't tell you enough about the hand pieced letters on the back.  They are perfection!  My blogging hand quilters, Crispy and Karen, adding of course Helen would just love this work of art.  And she wanted this free motion quilted!

It's fabulous dahlings!  I've finished it and it's going out in the mail tomorrow.

My granddaughter Tory is a natural at sewing seams, so she is sewing her first dress this week!  Being a size 8 isn't too hard to cut out.  And while she is doing that, I should be trying to put some semblance of order to my sewing area.

I've  been reading a lot of blogs that have included their "spring" cleanup of sewing areas.  So I must follow suit and do mine.

Cheers everyone...hopefully I am back to blogging.

11 comments :

Barb said...

That is an awesome quilt....

Maybe that took care of the lack of sewing mojo???

Jennifer said...

What a fun quilt! I love the bright colours.

Shirley said...

What a great idea for the back of the quilt and such fun. Well done to you for quilting it. That is a true friend. I think all that knitting proves that you haven't been inactive in the craft department at all Nanci.
Love Shirley.

Shay said...

Beautiful Quilting Nanci.I love the words too!

You're almost through winter now and hopefully things will start to bud and bloom and lift your spirits. Im counting on you to lift mine as we head into our dreary dark winter.

Sunshine said...

Very pretty quilt - reminds me of the paint box quilt that Oh Fransson had as a quilt-along - is it from that? Love the creative back (or front :) and it looks like you did a lovely job quilting it!
I think we all go through the phases when we don't feel like quilting and/or blogging... life goes on, people stick around :)

Cheers,
Christine

Crispy said...

What a pretty quilt!! You did a wonderful job quilting it and I know she will be tickled pink with it :0)

Like I told my other Canadian friends, curling is rather boring to watch but I do appreciate the skill involved. I tried sweeping when I was a youngster....man that is hard work!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

HURRAH - sheeeee's back! I was getting rather desperate and was on the verge of calling you again when there were no new postings.
Your "Nanci" perspectives bring smiles to all who follow your blog so keep it up. Hey Kiddo, our snowman, Frank, is now headless so the warm weather is coming. Talk with you soon! Today is a busy one at 320.
Cheers,
Helen (your PT)

Anonymous said...

Hi again! In my excitement about having you back, I forgot to tell you what a beautiful job you did on the quilt! You have your mojo back!
Helen (your PT)

Kiera-Oona said...

Ive had the winter sluggishness with my dancing, but Ive been getting more sewing done. Your quilts look so happy and bright....just the thing to chase the last of the winter blues away :-)

Penny said...

Nanci, I can't believe what I see. You are a sneaky one. I thought you were knitting and here you were machine quilting. So now when you say you are quilting, I should have second thoughts... you are in the kitchen making banana loaf? I just got a receipe for banana loaf that is devine. It is too good to keep to myself. I will post it on the blog.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't wait to see it. Talk to you later.

Penny said...

PS I forgot. Sunshine, my inspiration did come from Oh Fransson. http://www.ohfransson.com/ Because I dye most of my fabrics (Never Black, too hard to master) I can get the true clarity of the colours I want to use and her website is just the place to get inspired. For those who are not familiar with her, check her out. but be prepared to spend hours on her site.