Monday, April 11, 2011

BAG LADIES

 This morning bright and early my
granddaughter Tory called, asking
for another sewing lesson.

Here is the inside of the bag she made.  Well 90% of it anyway as she had difficulty with the zipper.  I hate doing zips too, but actually did it on the outside so it does look good.

Her friend Kelly also came to get a lesson.  Both the girls picked their
fabrics, cut and quilted same .


 Kelly chose a flowered print while Tory loves dots so that was her choice.

We are in the midst of actually clearing out so much of the basement which is a mess, but we
got our heads together and sewed for about three hours and finished these great bags.

I'm out of zippers now for doing these bags, but with them being such a hit, when there's the next sale on I'll buy a bunch.

Funny when young people put things together, they have no fear of colour
choices which says a lot for adults who take ages to pick colours.  The
girls just took seconds.

I also have another top done so that will be tomorrow.

A new discovery of mine is the Missouri Quilting Company, they have so many great videos and I did a top from one of their very informative site.

Cheers people, the spring weather has arrived.

7 comments :

Michele said...

The bags are great!

Jennifer said...

Love the bags! You are right, young folk have no fear of putting 'wrong' colours together and the result is exuberant and fun. Don't envy you having to pack up your house - we did that just a year ago, and I am never moving again.

Unknown said...

Bags are so cute. What Missouri Star quilt are you working on? I've got one on the go and another one, I can't wait to start.

Anonymous said...

Nanci,
The bags are beautiful! Bravo to all of you. I am almost finished Julia's quilt top and will forward a pix to you when I get the last border on. "Himself" commented on how pretty it was.
I think that I will make one of your bags for our "Girlie girl." She loves pretty colours and she can use it for her dolls and little people.
Caio,
Helen (your PT)

Crispy said...

What wonderful and colorful bags the girls made. You are a wonderful gramma to help them out :0)

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

What cute bags!! They did a great job.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love bags. Those are darling. You can never ever have too many bags.