Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WONKY GEESE?

 I made all these geese.  Followed the pattern right to the letter.  Measured. Cut.

I didn't notice BEFORE I started sewing them up that they actually are a bit off here and there.  Now how did this happen?

My friend Mary noticed it when I was looking for background colours.
The only colour one can use is white
as this top is very bright.  I had now
sewn them all up, probably could
have tried seperating them before I sewd them up but what the heh, this is for a bunk bed at the cottage.

It's not unusual to see geese flying out of formation is it?

These geese were done using the make four quick geese ala Eleanor Burns.  The print is a double sheet that Mary bought and the green is from Fabricland which I bought on sale.  Weird .

12 comments :

Crispy said...

Personally, I don't mind that your geese aren't flying in formation. It makes it interesting to look at.....don't sweat the small stuff and if anyone is silly enough to say anything, tell them it was intentional :0)

I love the colors in this piece too :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Hey, the geese are flying to the beat of their own drums. It looks great Nanci - love the colours. I agree with Crispy.
It will look spectacular in the bunkie. You are on a roll both with your postings and your sewing; you are inspiring me to get going. Our hydro bills will be astronomical at the lake this summer. Perhaps we should investigate solar eh what?
Helen (your PT)

Jennifer said...

Nanci, nothing in nature is symmetrical! I bet geese fly out of formation often.

Leslie said...

oooh i love this...that floral is so pretty. and the wonky part is great....i think it makes it fun and playful.

Barb H said...

I love your quilt! So pretty and spring-like. And yes, the geese that fly over my house are NEVER in perfect formation. That only happens in quilt books. :)

Shay said...

Pfttttttt... you can quilt that out. It's gorgeous! Whats a few millimetres here and there?

I love it.

Shannon said...

I love them! It gives the quilt a fun feel to it. And you are right, they never fly in a straight line!

imquilternity said...

I love it! I wouldn't have thought of doing it but it's wonderful!! :)

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I said in the earlier post that not all the geese fly straight but I did not mean your geese, real geese.....your quilt is just lovely....

Vivian said...

I live in a very non-perfect world so your geese seem natural to me. Once it is finished and quilted--no one will notice.

Neng Fadhilah Ansin said...

Lovely color, your quilt remind me of a baby quilt of that same color scheme I made for my 4th son, who is now 22 yrs. I still treasure it and the color stand still.