Monday, April 4, 2011

A BIT OF THIS AND THAT


 Yes, I'm posting on  a Monday.  I am back sewing and knitting still.

I found these jellies at Walmart.  Walmart!  They really are bright and  the price was $20.00 for the two of them which have 20 pieces in each.

I have a couple of simple ideas to use these and also some prints to just
have a few tops finished to do quilting
when we move to the cottage next
month.

Friday was a happy day for us as we had the pleasure of waiting over an hour for our grandson  at the airport, he was flying  in from Orlando.   His return means that his mother will now have laundry, laundry, laundry as this guy uses up a lot. Not to mention the consumption of food either.

He actually did a lot of his projects while training in Florida this year.  It's a sure sign of maturity on his part.

Then, we went to Bob and Mary's (across the street) to sit in the sunshine and sure enough
I saw a cardinal, (not this one as I stole this
photo) and a few robins.  The robins are so
vocal this time of year.  I suppose it's their
mating time.

It's April, so of course we are in raining mode this week.
I don't care...I'm sewing.

6 comments :

Barb said...

Can't wait to see what your make with those.....

I am sure it is good to have your grandson home.

Shay said...

Grandson is a handsome looking young man . I bet his Mum wont mind him eating her out of house and home.

Sew away - looks like you have some Spring type inspiration with those gorgeous fabrics!

Jennifer said...

Lovely bright jellies, I look forward to seeing what you make with them! It's good for the young ones to stretch their wings, but they always look forward to coming home again.

Crispy said...

What a handsome grandson you have :0) I too look forward to seeing what you come up with using those bright jelly rolls!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Nanci is backkkkkkk!!! Relieved to read that your Janome is humming again. I am also looking forward to doing some sewing on this dreary, wet day. I'll be working on the third Newfoundland quilt - a "girlie" one for Andrea's Goddaughter, beautiful Julia. It's an easy nine patch but very pink and pretty. Will talk soon.
Helen (your PT)
P.S. The "Boy" looks terrific!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful bird - the Cardinal. We don't have many pretty birds over here. The Tui is blue with a white throat and sounds amazing but the rest are little brown birds or white seagulls!