Saturday, June 18, 2011

ELEANOR BURNS QUILT FINALLY FINISHED!

Do you remember the April 2010 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting which featured this quilt?

As I worked on it, it became the bloody quilt because of my frustrations with following directions!  Well, it is on a bed at our little cottage, in a little room, (9'X9') .   It looks fabulous!

I actually learned a new way of making geese and do have another geese thing going now, but somehow, of course it's me you know, the geese aren't quite in formation.  They are probably Canada Geese!

We are here at the cottage, making it home because in two weeks we are out of our city home.  I have all my quilting stuff here, the fabric in a cedar chest, the rest in bins which will be marked when I'm more settled.

The weather has been perfect.  In the mid 70s all week, sunshine, no humidity and a perfect breeze.  Absolute bliss for us and our dear friends who have been helping us get settled.

We head home for our final week of packing up. 
Just a note, the blogger doesn't let me comment on some blogs.  What's with that?  Fortunately, I can send notes to my favourite quilting buddies. 
Cheers from a little piece of heaven on earth!

18 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think blogger has had some problems - I have run into the same problem. The quilt looks great. You will have a fun summer I am betting.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

sophie said...

That bed looks so inviting. Beautiful quilt!

Shay said...

I've always loved that quilt despite the grief and angst it's caused you along the way. And now that it's done I think it's absolutely beautiful.

Good Luck with all the packing. I guess in amongst all that exhaustion and packing and tiredness there will be some sadness at leaving your home too. But look where you're headed!

Jennifer said...

What a lovely quilt, it has turned out beautifully! Wow....only two weeks, and your life will be very different. Have fun!

Shirley said...

Blogger is being very naughty and I have to try 3 times to leave a comment. It always does it on the third attempt, no idea why!!! Well done for persevering with your quilt. It looks so pretty in its new setting. Good luck with the house moving.

Shirley said...

Heck, having said all that it let me do it first time!!

Crispy said...

The quilt is beautiful Nanci!! I'm so happy you never gave up on it :0)

I haven't run into the problem of not being able to comment on a blog. Maybe I better copy this so I can paste it, in case it doesn't work LOL.

Crispy

Barb H said...

Nanci and all, I had to go to my blogger sign-in page and unclick the thingy that keeps me logged in. Then I could post comments on Blogger. This might solve your problem, but I wish Blogger would fix this gllitch and be done with it. GRRR!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

The quilt finished up beautifully! Good luck with all your packing:)

Anonymous said...

Nanci,
I posted a comment yesterday and it did not appear here? Not sure what is going on but I want to repeat that the quilt is beautiful and looks fabulous.
Helen (your P.T.)

Penny said...

The quilt is fabulous Nanci. Love it. Good luck with the final clean up in the city. I hope you have lots of help. Have you bought yet or are you going to tough it out at the cottage. Heaven forbid! That was a joke...

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Three cheers for Eleanor--I learned a lot from her. And the quilt is lovely.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

PS blogger works better if when signing in, you don't check that "stay signed in" box

Shannon said...

Very pretty. I love Eleanor Burns work. I have been watching her on line. She has a great website.

Catty Wampus said...

I love it and am glad I found your blog!

Pokey said...

Canadian geese or not, they are flying in beautiful formation on your bed. I hope the packing goes smoothly, Nanci. I'm sure there are some bittersweet memories packing up your home. :-}pokey

Angie said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! I absolutely, positively LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt!!! I'm going scrounging for my magazine right now...Congrats on the shoes, girl, I'm afraid I did the same to my feet with those gorgeous high heels that we wore every day to the office.,..*sigh* I'm paying dearly now for all of that beauty back when. :D

Leslie said...

this is a lovely quilt