Thursday, August 25, 2011

A BATIK QUILT BY HELEN

 You all know my friend Helen here at the lake who has been teaching me for about four years now.

Well Helen loves quilting!

It's one of her passions as you can see from another project completed this summer.

This is for a young man who is going to high school in Toronto, at a boarding school, so this is to keep him warm as he studies!

My friend Helen, does lots of hand work, embroideries that are tiny, intriquate, the right side looks the same as the wrong side.

She makes patterns, she loves the challenges of my
asking, about this and that.  Well now she is doing a fan quilt, which was an idea we discussed this summer.

This is Helen, a beautiful woman with a beautiful set of hands that do wonder works with a needle and thread.

She knits very difficult patterns for the challenge of it all and does simple works for people in need.

I'm very fortunate to have her close to me to aid and inspire.  Thank you Helen.


9 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so that is Helen - I hear from her frequently now through you :) nice to meet you Helen!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

Egads, I HATE having my picture taken! Nanci, you are a rascal but of course I love you for being so. The Quilting Sisterhood and your blog allow me the joy and pleasure of meeting so many fabulous women. Thank you for honouring me as you do. I don't deserve it but I do enjoy it.
Helen (your P.T.)

Leslie said...

this is a beautiful quilt

Barb H said...

Helen sounds like a fabulous friend. Thanks for posting her picture. True good friends like her are precious jewels in a woman's life.

Jennifer said...

Lovely to put a face to Helen! What a gorgeous smile.

Crispy said...

Another beautiful quilt by your personal teacher. It's wonderful to see a picture of her, and yes Helen you are BEAUTIFUL, both inside and out :0)

Crispy

Shirley said...

Lovely to put a face to Helen's name and glad that you have such a wonderful friend in your life.

Quiltgal said...

So glad you posted Helen's Picture, now that we have seen so many of her quilts. They are so beautiful as she is. I'm glad to be back too!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a darling Helen is, and the young man will love his quilt--