Thursday, October 27, 2011

CLOSING THE COTTAGE

It's always better to close the cottage on a calm sunny day.  This year we hope to do the same.

Today, we have a bit of a breeze but still managed to get the sewing machine and the equipment that goes with it over to the marina.

My sweetie is in charge of all that.  I have been cleaning out the fridge, preparing our final meals when Bob and Mary come tomorrow to help us close.

Our dear friends Bob and Mary have been, over the passed few years been there for us.  We are in pretty good health this year, so we can pitch in so much more than last year when I had a bad hip.

We are expecting sunny days for our big jobs.  |The docks are to be taken out Saturday morning I think and then we will pack up and leave.

It is always a sad part of the year for us, but this year a new adventure begins for our winter in Florida.

To top off the season, I saw three white tailed deer at the back of the bunkie on Monday.  Of course the bear has been here to take another bin but no damage was done and hopefully he will forget to torment us next year. 

I am now thanking those of you who read and follow my blog.  It is always a good day when blogging.  I never thought I'd get to know so many wonderful people from all over the world.  Thank you all.

I'll see you in a few weeks when my new adventures begin.

9 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Hope all goes well for the cottage while you are gone and that the winter will be a nice and easy one for the cottage.
Have fun on your adventure to Florida and I hope you keep blogging and share with us.
Karen

Barb said...

Does it make you sad to close up the cottage? Glad you are having a better year this year.

Michele said...

Cottage season will be back before you know it. Enjoy your time in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Nanci,
Is is always a little sad when we close for the season. Sorry to hear that "Bruno" came back. Hopefully he'll find better pickins on the mainland and leave us all alone. The "Great Adventure" begins in a few days. You and your sweetie will have a grand time. I'll call you tomorrow.
XO
Helen (your P.T.)

rosie said...

I love hearing about your cottage adventures.. have fun in Florida, and come back soon...

Shannon said...

It is sad to see the season end. I hope your new adventure is a good one!!

Susan In Texas said...

I look forward to hearing about your new adventures in Florida. Have a safe trip!

All the best,
Susan in Texas

Shay said...

Happy trails to you Nanci! I always get a little sad when I hear about you closing up the cottage but you'll be back next year to show us more gorgeous pictures and regale us with your adventures!

Jennifer said...

Have a wonderful time in Florida, and we look forward to hearing all about it! We will miss the cottage though - but there will be new adventures from the Florida cottage.