Wednesday, March 14, 2012

GOODBYE WINTER, HELLO SPRING!....

 Our winter diggs are owned by an artist.  She comes to the Villas each winter for a few days with her  other artist friends.


They paint, they walk the beach and at times do lovely works of art which hang in the rooms of the villas.


This year, this playful creation was
done for those of us brave enough
to put our pusses in the hole and
say "cheese".  I was the first.


Also the last pot luck dinner was had with the gang bringing their best left over dishes.  We were there to feast and watch the sun go down.  It does get chilly in the early evening glow.  


Next year more "new from here" gang will have grown.  We will  be with the last of the gang to depart for the north.


Even the pelicans have decided to leave the beach for the spring break crazies who come to the pan handle.


The weather has been mild in Ontario, in the mid 50s in most places including, yep, even our little piece (peace too) of heaven on the lake.
We are keeping our fingers crossed hoping to be back by April 20th. The ice should be gone by then.


I have new quilts to sew, and so little time to do it all. My fingers will need to remember 1/4" sewing all over again.


I have finished a sweater for my girl, and will post it soon.  I do have one more to do, but my arm has been bothering me a bit.  Probably from bending it so as to hold up my head!  Really....when I am on the computer I do that and it is now sore.....don't laugh, I must learn to hold up my head by my neck!


Local paper add....must sell washer and dryer....have joined nudist colony.

7 comments :

Barb said...

Sounds like you all just know how to have a grand time!!! sorry about your arm!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL over the last line.
Sounds like you have enjoyed your time in the south and made friends from others near by.
Karen

Shirley said...

Nanci I think you and your friends are having way too good a time and I am envious. I shall look forward to your return to The Cottage for all the fun and quilting.

Shay said...

Every time you mention a pot luck supper I vow to do one because they sound like so much fun.

When I grow up Im going to have a life just like yours. You enjoy every single moment. You're my idol!

Jennifer said...

Sounds as though you are having a great time! That ad cracked me up. Love that beach painting, it's such fun.

quilton said...

The weather is glorious at home Nanci. Our son was up north two weeks ago in a snowstorm, this week everyone is wearing a sweater. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying the lake once again.

Anonymous said...

Nanci,
Gee, when are you and your "Sweetie" going to start to have some fun? Tempus fugit!
So looking forward to seeing you at the lake; it will be a glorious summer regardless of the weather. Travel safely mon amie.
Helen (Your P.T.)
P.S. Did not wear a jacket today - it's a lovely day. Warming up for your homecoming