Saturday, March 3, 2012

IS SPRING NOT FAR AWAY?



When we left Whitby, the weather
was like this.  Our friends who have left Florida and headed home ran into crazy crazy weather.  All around the US this week has been tornadoes, winds, and of course snow.


We, of course have missed it all
as we enjoyed a few more days of
beach as this has been a very warm
winter in the southern states.


As we left the Pan handle and headed south, we could see the beginnings of flowers such as hibiscus and azaleas just out in buds.  Spring surely cannot be far away, don't you think?


After being away from our cottage for such a long time, I find myself thinking of sitting and sewing away the days in the sun room.  I am so looking forward to this.


I have spent the winter knitting, but do miss my sewing machine which is at my friend Mary's house awaiting my fingers to get it going.


It is March after all, which has meant the arrival of spring breakers here in Florida and non busier than the Orlando/Ocala area.  So much traffic!


Are you feeling like the birds?  They are starting to nest here and yesterday the cardinal in the tree next door to us was busy moving in and securing its spot for babies to come....Yep it is a sign.




4 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I was just thinking of you this morning and wondered if you had been near the storms in deep south. Did your friends run into the rain or the snow? We were lucky Arkansas was spared the bad weather completely!!
Karen

quilton said...

The wind is very, very strong here today in Ontario, Nanci. The neighbours fence is now down instead of up, and I'm not looking forward to going out the door. I decided there is no sense doing my hair so I'm going as is. Frightening sight.

Anonymous said...

It has been blowing fiercely here all through the night. The cedar bushes that I see from our kitchen window are surrounded by debris. No trees down as yet. The views that you see are wonderful. I suspect that Winter will go out like a lion this year.
CAN"T wait to get up to the lake! I've signed up for a log cabin quilt course (2 consecutive Saturdays) and completing it for our cabin will be my summer project. Look forward to teaching you the technique. With all of your stash you could produce a beauty or two.
Enjoy your weather!
Ciao,
Helen (Your P.T.)

Shay said...

Summer ended here on Thursday so you guys have warmer weather to look forward to. I dont mind autumn but I hate winter...it always feels so long until Spring .

Enjoy your cottage time. This will be third Aussie winter I will have shared your cottage posts and I love reading about your doings there !