Friday, May 18, 2012

FLIP FLOP QUILT FINISHED, FRIDAY FAV!

 The inspiration for my flip flop quilt came from Carol Burniston in the June 2008 issue of Fons and Porter magazine.


I kept the pattern with instructions which showed larger flip flops.  I decided to make them smaller to fit a jelly roll which I bought for $9.00 at Walmart in the US this passed winter.


It was such fun to make.  I just don't think it will be in my possession for long as my daughter has already said she loved it.


The black and yellow quilt is also a jelly from Walmart.  I loved this happy patterns and yellow is a great colour for any quilt don't you think?


It's Friday morning, this is the beginning of Canada's Victoria Day holiday which is a long weekend.  The dog and the sweetie are resting up to get ready for the onslaught of nine people for the four days of fun and food.


I've made most of the meal preps, spaghetti, cakes, cowboy bread, the fixings already done for the pizzas, chicken is thawing, and the roast for Monday night is aging as will I be when this whole thing is passed.


And finally, not my photo of the hummingbird, but they are here.  Fighting over food and loving our flower selections for the summer.


The other day someone told me I could freeze leftover wine, I was confused....what is leftover wine?



12 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - leftover wine - what is that! :)
great looking quilts
Karen

Barb said...

Oh boy...do I love your flip flops...

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your long weekend! That flip flop quilt is great fun, we call them thongs here. Yes, you're right - yellow always cheerful, bright and sunny!

Shay said...

The flip flop quilt looks fabulous. That would be a fantastic quilt to take to the beach.

And despite not being a fan of yellow I adore your yellow and black quilt. Maybe I should put one of those on my list!

Your pooch and sweetie both look pretty relaxed there.

I have to ask : What is cowboy bread?

Enjoy your long weekend. Sounds like big plans are afoot for fun times!

Bev said...

I love your fun quilts. And I'm so glad Shay asked about the cowboy bread - you'll have to explain for the foreigners!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely quilts and the flip flops or 'thongs' as we call them down under is very summery. I hope you have a wonderful celebration. Love the piccie of doggie & sweetie and the hummingbird is beautiful.

Marit said...

Enjoy your long weekend! Your flip flop quilt is very fun and colorful, congratulations on a great finish!
; )

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Yes, the flipflops are great and the yellow quilt is so happy! Very nice.

Umm, I don't know what leftover wine is either. That's odd...

Paulette said...

Ha, leftover wine! I have no idea what they're talking about either. Oh, that flip-flop quilt is super cute! Love the yellow and black one too!

Kate said...

Both quilts turned out beautifully. Hope you get to hang on to at least one of them.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohh fun quilts - I love the idea of the flip flops. Great hummingbird shot.

Jo C. said...

I'm totally cracking up...i have the same two jelly rolls from walmart and have two quilts in progress with them. I'm making a string quilt with te yellows and a mystery quilt with he multi colored one. How fun to see what you did with the same fabrics!