Tuesday, May 1, 2012

QUILTED BAGS!

 I finally was able to get to some sewing yesterday.


I made totes to just get my hand in sewing after almost six months without a machine.


I have so much fun making bags as they are colourful wherein I use up lots of fabric. 


My sweetie commented that when he goes shopping in Dorset for groceries, he will receive so many oohs and aaws.  Maybe, but they are at least very sturdy and highly functional.


The little one on the left is from a pay it forward that I received
years ago and it has been re-
purposed as the little quilt was 
no longer being used.  I love it, may use it as a summer purse too.


The morning is so calm, all islands and mainland are in full reflections.  The lake is calm, which is not so good if it is cloudy as that means another day without sunshine.


True story....a friend who has a puppy realized that there had been a backyard escape...she ran to the front door only to see her dog running across the street...she was screaming the dog's name, frantically trying to make it across the street to catch the running dog.  A truck driver blocked some traffic, opened his door to come to her aid, when the puppy jumped into his truck!   My friend was so thankful, saying thank you over and over as she held her dog.
The truck driver looked around and leaned over saying "do you realize you are in a nightie?"  Embarrassed, she noted that it wasn't see through and it was clean!  


NOTE...daughter has been to physician it is suspected gastric problems for which ongoing tests will be needed...  



6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Kelly is okay!

Jo-Anne and Suzie

Shay said...

I appear in my front yard and street in my pyjamas all the time. I think the neighbours have managed to get used to it. Nobody looks at me sideways anymore.

LOVE those grocery totes. They really are cute and so functional.

Jennifer said...

Fingers crossed for Kelly. You will be the brightest shoppers in the market with your totes! Love the puppy story.

Pokey said...

Hope your dd is doing okay, not fun stuff.
I like your carry all bags, such a necessary project and quite pretty, too!
:-}pokey

Carol E. said...

I love your bags. Hope daughter will be fine.

Michelle said...

They're pretty and I bet those will hold up a lot better than the ones from the store, too!