Friday, July 20, 2012

OLYMPICS BOUND...SIMON WHITFIELD

What an honour to be the flag bearer for a Nation.  Simon Whitfield our long distance medalist from the last summer Olympics is Canada's choice.  Truly an honour for this athlete.


So many people got to have their photos taken with Simon including my grandchildren, Courtney and Jeremy.  Total Bliss as you can see!


Our hopefuls were at a reception for Simon at the canoe club where they train, work and do volunteer work.


A small affair at their club to send off the canoe/kayak Olympians ended up with hundreds of young and old paddlers sending them all off.  


I am so excited....can't wait.


I have been in the city getting my machine repaired and learned so much about what I did to my poor sewing machine.  First, I should have made sure that the fusible web was fused!  Then, not messed with the machine like I did.  I actually put the bobbin tension out.


Whatever, it is here and I am happy to have it back.


It is Friday after all, so my favourite thing today is being back home with my loves, the dog and the sweetie, not necessarily in that order!



2 comments :

Shirley said...

Good luck for the Olympics. May the best teams win. The sailing events are being held in Weymouth in Dorset. Look out for the Clock Tower on the sea front when you watch the events on tv. Olly's parents live right behind it at The Mayfair Hotel. Tell me if you see it.xx

quilton said...

Darn, looks like I missed all the excitement here in Town while I was away. I'm not an Olympics watcher, but may tune in just to see England in the distance. Perhaps the broadcasters will do some "sightseeing" for us.
Beautiful weather again this week-end. Love to be at a lake right now looking up at those skies. Enjoy!