Friday, July 13, 2012

ROSES OF PICARDY...

 This, is my new project.  I received some 30s  prints from Shay.  She said they were all extras from her stash!  Wow, I had days to decide what I would do with all the beautiful prints.


You know the saying so much to do, so little time...not quite for me, but making a decision to use 
the fabric in a way that it would be
really used.  


I decided on Roses of Picardy which is an old design.  The centre has not been decided as yet, but I am thinking a soft yellow centre instead of black as the black is too harsh for the block.


I am having trouble with the fusible web.  Actually, it is the threads that keep looking like they shred when sewn for more than one part of a pattern.  Poor machine, I think when I was cleaning it, that I must have moved a small wire or something in the upper feeder.  So much for cleaning my own machine.    Which, by the way is a Janome 6600 and does not need to be oiled as I have it cleaned professionally once a year.   Next week is my once a year....


The pile is my quilts....can you believe it?  That is minus 5 quilts that have gone to a good home, plus the three that I have on beds here at the cottage.


I am gifting one for the best pot luck dish at our annual supper.  I think one of the nice things about quilting is the ability to see the happiness on the faces of people receiving our love projects.



9 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you getting a large stack of quilts put together aren't you - looks nice stacked on the chair.
Karen

Jennifer said...

That is a pretty design and one which isn't seen much these days! You have a goodly stack of quilts too.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

First off, it's lovely! Second have you tried Steam a Seam Lite II? It's so much better than onterhs in my opinion and doesn't gum up needles. Holds it in place long enough for you to do your stitching.
:)

http://www.joann.com/lite-steam-a-seam-2-double-stick-fusible-web-sheets-12-x9-5-pkg/prd29320/

quilton said...

I use steam a seam also. Love it. It is also better if you don't pre-wash your fabric when using fusible. I know not why. I was told that by someone.

Unknown said...

You are using Mrs. P's scraps and making something really beautiful from it! I am not sure I would try circles yet! I am sure the lucky winner of the pot luck will be so happy to receive one of your quilts.

Shirley said...

You are such a wonderful and generous spirit Nanci and how could you not be delighted with such a prize.

Shay said...

I love the way Rose of Picardy is coming together. It’s going to look lovely in 30’s repros.

My machine is in for a holiday at the moment too. I thought I'd be going nuts by now but Im actually doing OK without it.

That’s a very pretty pile of quilts. I have no idea how many I’ve made over the last few years – maybe 35 or so ?

Angie in SoCal said...

That is a lovely block you are making. I agree that a yellow center would work with those reds. It is a very uplifting time to see someone get a quilt.

thea said...

Nice stack of quilts. The Rose of Picardy is great!!