Monday, October 1, 2012

COUNTING DOWN THE WEEKS!

 This is an aerial photo of our lake.  Our island is the one in the main photo, and if you peek, you can see a jut of white sticking out on the left side.  That is our docks!

To get to mainland, we must go passed the top left of the photo as the lake is large.  

My blog friend Quilton, sent me
some very very cute 30s prints.

I made this crazy variation of nine patch yesterday.  I got the idea from watching a video on Missouri Quilt shop tutorial.

I put two nine patch squares together, right sides facing and sewed completely around them, then cut them all on the diagonal and voila! An easy but wow factor quilt.

I hate starting projects at this time of year as we are now only about 3 1/2 weeks from leaving the island.

I didn't see much of my man this weekend.  Nothing like a dock project to entice a work group.  The neighbours were building  a new seating area at their dock.  They have so much company, so large a family, so many people, so little room to all sit at the dock on weekends.

So a plan was devised, tools collected from our workshop, lumber purchased, and what was three guys, ended up with five and sometimes six putting it together.  I tell you, that the project is almost finished, and it will be a fabulous place for sitting. Photos to follow.

Now, this coming weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving.  I hope that this dreadful cold is gone, that the potluck turkey dinner has great weather, that all are able to attend.  Should be fun for the last feast of the season as everyone but us is closing up.




3 comments :

Jennifer said...

Wow - there sure is a lot of water around you! The crazy patch variation is fun, I might try it too.....but not just yet.

quilton said...

Love it! You did a great job on it Nanci. I hope the cold weather isn't going to go north. Its not suppose to be too nice in the south this week-end. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Pokey said...

Beautiful pictures of your island home, Nanci, and the quilt is a fun one, too! I hope you enjoy the wrap up of your summer, and have a blessed Thanksgiving, too ~
:-}pokey