Tuesday, March 1, 2016

 Spending the winter in Florida makes me long for my little island paradise at the lake.

We arrived at our little Villa on November 1st, but will not be leaving till the end of March.  I know I know, life is tough for those who must spend the winter months up north with snow, sleet and the rains.

The photo of the group of people is our winter family.  A lovelier bunch of retirees you would never find anywhere, so it makes the long months at the beach fun.

No quilting this year, just knitting my socks and teaching a few others the little things I have learned over the years.

I don't know why it is but, here at the villa, I love to cook.  I have started making artisan bread.  Easiest recipe ever, but of course I had a few problems with the adjusting to Florida humidity etc.

I had to buy bread flour as the flour here does not have enough gluten to make the bread rise.  I also place the dough in the oven with the oven light on to help it rise.  This works wonders.

In Canada, my darling daughter makes the bread a couple of times a week, gives loaves to those that do little favours for her or just plain love her bread.  I have given some of mine away, but not like her....we eat ours.

Happy to be back blogging after cleaning up the site and remembering my passwords.  March 1st .

No comments :