Wednesday, May 11, 2016

STRIPPY QUILTS

 I haven't made strippy quilts in ages.  They are great for kids quilts and when one is in a hurry to get it done!

I have a few little ones in need of something bright and cheery little blankets!

I was at Fabricland, where there was a big sale for $5.00 per metre of bright colours, so I bought 2 metres of yellow, orange, navy and the lady bug dots.  The others I had in my stash of left overs from other projects. 

The first two are made from same two inch strips just place differently to give a bit of different effect.

The last is the same fabrics, cut differently to give a really busy (I think) but fun quilt for a little guy I know.

I am still not sure what I will be doing for the backs, but I will probably piece
a couple of fabrics together.  Always

a problem for me, doing backs.  I'm getting better at it though.

I cut the strippy on the  third photo and reversed the stripes to make it different.  I also have some green fabric that might just do the back of this one.  

I make bread!  I like Artisan Bread (the 5 minute recipe one)  I usually have dough in the fridge on had so that I never run out.



Well last year, when I got my new Cuisinart food processor, it came with a dough blade.  Today, as I write this, I have two loaves rising which are not ready for my blog adventure as yet.

The photos on the right are Artisan breads.  My sweetie says he like a bit higher loaf than the boules (french for ball) that I usually make, or more the french stick style.  So I stuck them in a couple of bread pans.  They came up well.  Honestly there is nothing like the smells of homemade bread in a kitchen!

My little humming birds have finally returned!  It has been quite cold here for our spring weather, so it was quite the event when we saw one yesterday, and today my friend Helen thinks she has seen three males.  They eat so many bugs, which is hard to believe that 70% of their food is protein, and the other 30% is the sugar water  that they seem to gorge on.  Only white sugar too please, 4-1 ratio and they love it.






No comments :