Friday, November 28, 2008

GREEN QUILT


Well I have this "green " quilt top done. I wanted it to be more boyish so that I can pass it on to a boy, however I may have to ask opinions on this from family.
It's hard to do a boyish quilt without making it look babyish too. I didn't know what to do with this so I cut out 4 1/2" squares and put them together. I also have since added a blue sashing to the borders. It looks ok, not the oomph that I was looking for.
I hope to start basting it this morning if I can get going. I am putting a stripe as the backing. You know a lot of quilts don't show the back and it's as important as the front. I have a hard time putting colours together and if I saw the backs of quilts it might help me.
I'm going to buy some stash today as Fabricland has a 40% off sale and they need my money.
I hate spending right now as we are heading into a depression for the next while and I must justify any monies going out to feed my addiction. Oh I will mind you but still..........
Homemade beans are on our menu for tonight. I really like them and with a small crunchie salad they make a great meal. Besides the house will smell lovely all day long. I am a pretty basic cook, you know meat and potatoes etc but every so often I try a new dish. Well with our Christmas brunch coming up, yesterday I looked at a bunch of recipes to try. Reading the comments of recipes is a great way to decide.
I wasted so much time on this that I didn't get much else done. But the day was so dark because of the weather that it's hard to get motivated to do anything. I thought I was coming down with a cold, but no I 'm not so it's just the weather.
We also had the might Quincy visiting as we were minding him till Bob came home last night. He's too young, only 12 weeks old, to be left alone for a long time. He is growing so fast, but he loves to be here because Wilson will play with him and is so patient...except when it comes to food, boy then Q is put in his place.

2 comments :

Lisa Pogue said...

This quilt would be perfect in my mom-in-law's bedroom. she has a lime green room and it just seems to glow. This would be great. It snowed all night here. We have our first official tracking snow.

Wilma Lee said...

Cute quilt. Had a little snow here in western Nc too. Not enough though. I love snow.