Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AND THE COLOUR IS !!!!


Well as you can see I ended up chosing the green. It was a hard decision because I also liked the white and the little flower print. But the orange in the print was "off" and the white was good, but the green really goes with the back which is the large flower print.
I did make the strips only 3" so they ended up 2 1/2" and it looks really good. I want to thank those that commented on downsizing my strips.
I have it stippled almost finished but can't quite decide on the binding. I think I will use the centre orange. I have enough of it left to do it.
This has been fun to do and I think I will now be able to do a disappearing patch as this is how they are done, right? Cut the centres and turn them around. I am gaining confidence.
I wanted to post this as I have been anxious to post the quilt. My sweetie also liked the green as did Kelly and they both have good colour sense.
We are awaiting daylight savings which comes into effect on March the 8th I think. I would be happy to not have the changes and it seems we are moving to that as this is earliest of the time changes that I can remember. Wasn't it supposed to help the farmers? Do you really think the cows are able to tell time? Do the sheep? Since the days are getting longer I feel spring is not to far away for those of us who have lived through this awful winter weather.
By the way, I loved the Academy Awards. I had no idea that Hugh Jackman could sing and dance. I loved his stuff and he looked so relaxed, as did Will Smith. Will could do the show too I think. I loved all the gowns and especially Penelope Cruz's gown. It was a vintage gown from a collection that she had seen 8 yrs ago and loved it. But I tell you some of those women need to eat! Did you see the bones sticking out of Angela Jolie? Gee, she looks like she has anorexia, I swear. I loved Mylee Cyrus's dress too, she looked like a princess. The Slum Dog entourage were very classy and they deserved their award! Sean Penn....so nice to see him smile! And I do love Kate Winslett. At least she has some meat on her bones!
Isn't it fun to diss those "stars"?

12 comments :

Unknown said...

I don't know why people are having trouble commenting. I am trying to rectify this problem.

pwl said...

Pretty! I think the orange will look great as a border.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Green, super choice, the right choice. I also watched the show,Hugh was great who knew he could sing, dance and still look great!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes it is fun to dis the stars - but on Angela remember she is trying to keep up with 6 kids!! I think I would loose weight doing that too - even with a nanny or two - twins - does anyone sleep at night :) I loved Hugh Jackman, but best was Penelope Cruz - I have heard so many good comments on her dress and just her in general. the one dress I absolutely hated was the one Sarah Jessica Parker wore!! I never like her stuff, she looked like Glenda the Witch from the Wizard of Oz LOL -- sorry if anyone liked it. Just my opinion.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh on the comments - several other people are having problems also - I have heard it is blogger that is the problem if you turn off the security thing where you type in the word then it is ok. I don't know what they are doing about it but people have been having problems for several days on some sites.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lisa Pogue said...

LOVE IT!!! You did good!! I loved Miley's dress. She had once critic really giving her the what for. I thought it was age appropriate for her. Angelina is a babe, but I'd love to give her one of my thighs or both. Brad Pitt will get his due one of these days. I'm not a Penelope fan, but her dress was really great!!

Anonymous said...

Mom...Angelina Jolie and Mylie Cyrus!!! LOL

Jolie has very long arms...she is gangly for sure but so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oops...I mixed up the letters...Miley! DUH...I loved her dress but she has been criticized for looking like a wedding cake!

The quilt is so nice and bright!

Susan In Texas said...

Your quilt looks lovely with the green, and will look even better once it's all stippled and bound.

I'm with you about Kate Winslet looking lovely with some meat on her bones; Angelina is just too too skinny!

BTW, I hate Daylight Savings time too; I can't believe how early it is this year. It was definitely NOT created to help the farmers; they hate it. It really screws up milking times etc. I think it was designed to save energy by giving people more daylight after work. I think it's awful! I miss that hour all summer long.

Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com
gentle_poster@charter.net

Nanette Merrill said...

I love the plaid look of this quilt as well as the fabrics and the texture they create. The color just pops. Love it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The green was a perfect choice Nanci

Anya said...

Love the cheery quilt. How about a darker green for the binding? I think I see some in one of the prints you've used.