Thursday, February 26, 2009

THE ORANGE QUILT A THON, PAT SLOAN, FINISHED.

Well here is the Pat Sloan, quilt finished.

I really love this. I finished it with the orange that was left over. I used all pieces of fabric that I had and did the back in the large floral print that is on the front. My sweetie just loves it and says not to give this one away too.




I really enjoyed making this and learned a lot about pattern fitting techniques. I think I 'll try another just to get it down right.



I wonder how many of the bloggers actually visit all the people that are listed on the sidebars. I see some have around 30 "favorites" on their lists. I find it hard to visit the ones I have on mine and feel that they are there because the ones in my sidebar are visited regularly and I do take the time to visit them because I like the blogs.



I have visited others and note them to see if they are worth adding to the sidebar or just to periodically see what's doing. Just a thought. I feel that the sites that I drop in and visit are usually worth a note and that does take time.



I always love to read even a single line that has been noted and think that it's so nice to read that someone has taken the time to make comment on my blog. I remember the first comment I received. I mean the first comment from someone other than my daughter Kelly who would comment as annonymous because she didn't know how to do the leave comment thing. The first blogger was names Suze. She didn't come back though. I don't know what happened to her, but there are those of you who have stayed with me and comment all the time. If I name you and then leave someone out, I would hurt feelings. So for those of you who visit often, give me advice and drop in frequently, you have no idea how pleased it makes me.

Oh boy, I was getting syrupy there. It must be the coming warm weather around the corner. Our snow is melting in the back yard and OMG, the dogs have lived there for a couple of months and I must clean it up tomorrow before the next snow fall. It's a mine field out there!

I hope you like the quilt.









11 comments :

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I realy appreciate it. I just went through so many pages of your blog and I love it...the quilts, the snow, the cottage, everything. This quilt is great too, love the orange. To answer your question about people visiting all the blogs on their sidebar...all my sidebar blogs are also listed in my dashboard reading list. Only the blogs that post something new pop up, that way I don't have to keep checking every blog to see if they have posted something new.
I laughed out loud when you said your yard is like a mine field. We have a yellow lab and we had snow all of January and some of February (nothing like yours)and ours was a mine field too. I call it poopsicles though. My daughters told me never to tell anyone I call it that, but I thought you could relate. Don't tell them!!!
Sorry this was so long.
Have a great rest of the night,
~Karen~

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

oh Nanci,
I am so sorry I spelled your name with a y and I knew it was an "i" sorry!!
~Karen~

Susan In Texas said...

Nanci, that turned out really well! I love the orange binding and the matching back. Very nice!

You asked what color the back will be on my Country Chain and Knot quilt? I'm going to back it with the same red fabric as the cornerstones and red chain, and bind it with the green chain fabric. Not too original, but the colors should tie it together well, and there's already an AWFUL lot going on in the quilt. I managed to use up THIRTEEN (yeah!) of the donated fabrics I was given last summer, and I swear some of them were just butt ugly! It's a big relief that it turned out so well. lol

I was reading Karen's comment. I too use the Blog list feature that shows recent updates on top. I love it! I follow quite a few blogs, but some of them update less often than once a week, so it's not so bad.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I use the google reader feature so I know when a blog has been updated that saves me time from checking to see if someone on my sidebar that I mark as favorites has updated her blog. The quilt turned out great Nanci! From time to time I go to others blogs to see what they have marked as favorites and check them out - I believe I found you that way - or did you find me :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Dayna said...

I use Google Reader and am glad I found it because it was overwhelming to try to open and check blogs everyday.
Gotta say I love this quilt. I wouldn't give it away either. The colors are just gorgeous....and I'm not particularly fond of orange as a rule!

antique quilter said...

love the quilt...makes me want to start collecting orange!!!
Kathie

Wilma Lee said...

That came out beautiful!!!

Dionne said...

Hi Nanci, Your quilt came out beautifully! I've been trying to comment the last three days but for some reason the security letters were messed up and I couldn't post. I loved that post from 'Anonymous' and I wonder what your Very Intelligent husband thinks of the final quilt? So fun!
Cheers,
Dionne

Suze said...

Hey...I am still here and still reading!...I have your blog on a blog reader - there are so many quilting blogs that most of the time I just fly thru the posts when I have a little time...
I really like your orange and green quilt. I would keep it too!
Thanks for visiting me again too...I have been trying really hard to finish up all of my UFO's. I just got back from a quilting retreat and hopefully will have a couple posts about that soon.

Lisa said...

Hi Nanci...i love your quilt, the colors are so pretty! I'm not sure what has gotten in to me but i keep thinking i need to make an orange quilt but that color goes with absolutely NOTHING in my house...oh well, one of these days I will make one. I agree with you about appreciating those that stop by .. and adding a comment is great too! I know i look at so many blogs but don't leave comments .. i think i will try to start leaving more! Have a great week-end!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words today. I love this orange and green quilt, it makes me want to dive in to those colors and make something beautiful!