Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DEER ME!


Ok, this may be the last photo of winter that I post. I could not let this one go. I received this last night in an email. Unbelievable shot I think.
Can you imagine looking for food through this amount of snow for these poor souls.
Isn't it wonderful that those of us who blog and visit blogs find such diversity in our writings and thoughts?
If you look to the left Karen Quilts has interesting articles about her mugs collection which all have an interesting story to tell. She has quite a collection and the stories that come with them is so interesting.
Over at Mary Quilts, she does long arm quilting for heartstrings charities and has taken up photography as a hobby. Her photos are quite well done with her posting each new technique that she experiments with. She was, don't remember how that happened though, one of the first blogs I ever visited when I started quilting.
It's the differences in us all that makes blogging and reading of same my coffee time in the morning fun.. Just like popping in for a short visit to a friend and not overstaying that welcome.

8 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

and here I haven't posted a photo of one of my mugs the last couple of days :) I will have to remedy that and post another one later today - think I'm down to only 5 or 6 left and they don't have really, really interesting stories to tell LOL
Love the deer - poor things trying to find food.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh that is a lot of snow. Those poor deer.

antique quilter said...

love this picture!
I agree, love reading blogs and enjoy seeing different projects in the works, even if they are not my style I enjoy seeing the maker excited about their quilt or project.
yes coffee time and lunch time is my blog reading time!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

THANKS for your kind comment on my blog ! ;>)
OF COURSE there'll be coffee ready, next time you visit me, dear ! HeeHee.....
LOVE your blog (and your quilts!). Didn't know it before, but now I do, for sure, and you're on my fav's list to visit.
ENJOY your sewing, dear.
((HUGS)) & smiles from my little corner of the world.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Mary Johnson said...

I had to go look at the mugs - I collect coffee cups on my travels but mine aren't as artistic as Karen's -- they touristy ones with the cities and states that I visit on them. When I use them, I think about my trips.

Anonymous said...

Nanci, your quilts, photos and blogs are the best. I visited Stitching on the Farm and watched the lambing video. Crazzzzzy kids.
Barb.

Lisa Pogue said...

Can you imagine? Those poor deer.

Deb said...

I found you through Inspired by Antique quilts. Your snow pics are awesome. The dear even to walk in that!! Your quilts are wonderful of what I have seen but will check out more..and I love to read your tales. thanks for blogging...my sentiments exactly in the blogging world.