Saturday, February 7, 2009

A LITTLE BEAUTY


Just a little blog on this Saturday afternoon. My nephew and his wife presented me with my first grand niece. This is Kyla. But the biggest reason for posting her photo is that they are using the quilt I made for her when she was born. I worked hard to make it what her parents would like and to have received a photo of her on the quilt made my day.
For those of us who make quilts for love and affection and then pass them on for someone else to cherish, well a photo of the quilt with the person says it all.
For those of you who read this blog, look over on the left and go visit "getting stitched on the farm". I visit this blog daily to see the happening there on their sheep farm. You will love the comments and the photos too that accompany the blog. Christine, who writes so well, is a knitter and her farm and sunflowers have been in a couple of US magazines. I learned that a lot of the magazines that we love are called "shelter" magazines as they deal with the life of homes and families. Interesting. Read the blog, it's really good.
We have balmy weather today. I mean warm and the snow is melting. Please let it melt for a few more days. Please keep it warm for a few days too.

3 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a neat site, I had never come across it before. I will add it to my google reader - thanks.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Wilma Lee said...

What a cutie!!! Nice quilt too, lol.

Lisa Pogue said...

I remember that quilt. What a cutie!! That hair, she's gonna have thick hair huh! I like her name too.