Sunday, February 1, 2009

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL SNOW!










I feel we have this much snow! Well almost anyway. I received this in an email from a friend. Can't even imagine how it's done, but that is winter snow!




The kids would love it! Very funny too. So for the bloggers in Australia and New Zealand that are complaining of high sweltering heat.......tough is all I can say!



We have had the best couple of days! Sunshine, no wind and just freezing temperatures, It feels like spring, I'm telling you!



Ok, I finished another quilt. It's not very big, but I love the colours in it. I wanted to give it to a friend whose daughter is having a boy in a couple of months, but Jerry is loving this one a lot and sees it on a bed at the cottage. I don't know what I'll do. It has rocket ships on it and is just a young boy's quilt I think. Time enough to think about it though.


I had to take some of the stippling out as I had a dull needle and it was awful. A lesson learned for me. I really like the look of this quilt. I am learning a lot about colours I choose and I know that white is might when it comes to quilting. I also like the look of it.


The back of the quilt is a small checked fabric that looks very green when it's turned over.

I've been tagged by http://michiganquilts.com and am flattered, however I don't know how to add all the things I am supposed to do with it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to get it done.

8 comments :

Di in NY said...

The picture of the wall of snow gives me the chills and i live in New York where it is already really cold--actually it brings back memories for me of 1956 snow here and how high the snow banks where, my Dad and a neighbor actually walked on top of the snow banks and used the electic lines (which came to their knees) to guide them to a store along ways away so get milk for us kids. that was alot snow too!!! I am new to your blog--but I will be back. Just, Di in NY

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

where is the picture of the snow taken at? One time on a trip we went to Colorado in early July and way up a mountain road that we were on we saw a site like this - the snow was just cut out of the road it looked. We had been told they had just opened the road the week before - we were amazed. Mike stood on top of the truck and I took a picture of the snow still higher than him and he is 6'3".
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

heather said...

Very fun quilt!! Love the colors. Thank you for stopping by my blog. It's fun to hear from you!! WOW!! I'm glad we do not have that much snow. It sure is beautiful but I think I might cry with wall of snow!:) Fun picture. Helps us keep things in perspective!! We have fridged temps also but we got to 40 last weekend and maybe again this weekend. It's a heat wave I tell you.:) Have a fantastic day!!

Quiltgal said...

What a funky snow photo, I would love to know where that is to remind myself not to go. What a pretty quilt. it is very restful.

Susan In Texas said...

That's a lot of snow!!! Brrr. I'll take sunny Texas any day. People say we don't have four seasons, but actually we do: pleasant, chilly, pleasant, hot - rinse and repeat lol. Unfortunately the chilly weather brings the mountain cedar to Fort Worth and I can't breathe for a few months, but I think I prefer it to ultra short days and mountains of snow!

BTW Pretty little quilt. Nice colors. It makes a perfect baby boy quilt. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it.

Happy quilting!
Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com

Susan In Texas said...

I meant to thank you for the compliment on my blog header. The blue flowers aren't Texas bluebonnets though, in fact, I doubt if they would grow in Texas at all. I don't know what type of flower they are. Perhaps you know? After all, they are Canadian flowers. I took this picture in Banff at the downtown flower garden at the end of the main bridge - can't remember the name of the garden, but it had some of the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. We just LOVE the Canadian Rockies, though perhaps not so much in February lol.

Susan

Anonymous said...

LOL...I know what kind they are. I am Nanci's daughter and she emailed me asking.

They are Bachelor Buttons and are so easy to grow by seed.

Where is that snow picture from? I am thinking over in Russia...or certainly in a Scandinavian country. I love it...

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the quilt - can't believe that much snow!!!