Thursday, February 19, 2009

LOOK WHO CAME TO VISIT?


Wasn't it great to have the President visit us on a cold February day?
He has such high approval here in Canada, over 80% which is unheard of in this country of a quiet and staid peoples.
There looked to be about a thousand people on Parliament Hill just to catch a "glimpse" and I mean a "glimpse" of this man who continues to give us hope.
One of the reporters to the CBC Tv station was overjoyed as she turned to the camera and shouted "I saw him, I saw him!" and then she just looked so excited and laughed and said it again. it was so cute!
Ok, on to more important issues than the President visiting, I am doing a quilt a long tomorrow with Pat Sloan and the colour of choice is orange with something else.
I am not sure what I am doing, but I LOVE orange and have lots of it. So I am in for a pound as the saying goes.
I just checked "Getting stitched on the farm" blog on my list of favorites and the lambs have been put out of the kitchen...lol. And this morning the lambs got out of their pen and all came to the kitchen door baaaaing and wanting breakfast. Have a look and a great smiling face when you read the blog.

5 comments :

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I heard on the News today he came to visit and that you wre very kind and happy to have him. Have fun with your orange project, post a picture for us.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I find it so neat that you all are excited about our president. So many of us here to are enjoying having a new president who seems to be so human and wants to make things right with the world. I'm afraid not all Americans like him of course there are the very Republicans who can't stand him. I'm glad there was enough of us who wanted hope and change to vote him into office.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/
(p.s. we love his family too :) )

Anya said...

Thank you so much for welcoming our new president, even if it was just for a few hours. It's an exciting time in our country and although this is a tough time for a lot of people, the fact that we have a leader who is a thinking man makes me believe that we'll all get through it. He is a great role model for the young people (and even old people like me!) -- my son and I were fortunate to see and hear him speak last April when he was campaigning during primary season in Pennsylvania.

Pattie D said...

Nanci,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know you came for a visit. I love grandchildren...aren't they a great reward for raising our own!? I love your quilt under your picture...I love that look! Please come back and visit again.
hugs
tricia

Anonymous said...

Obama stopped at By Town Market (a really cool section of Ottawa near Parliament) and went and got a Beaver Tail...he stepped out of his limo and so many bt standers were so thrilled to see him...a very lucky 17 yr old girl got to serve it to him. She said she was so nervous but that he was so easy to talk to.

I will say this...he has an immense amt of charisma.