Friday, February 20, 2009

KNOCK......KNOCK


who's there? ORANGE>...ORANGE WHO?
Orange you glad we are doing squares like this?
Ok, it's lame but this is my square almost complete for the quilt a long on Pat Sloan's blog.
I have yet to pick the colour for the outer corners as I am in a dilemna wondering if I should add more of the orange that is in the centre.
I might. I like the idea of white sashings to really pop this quilt which will be about 50 X 50 a bit bigger than I originally thought. But I have quilte a bit of this fabric. It's supposed to be a triangle on the outer corners so I must decide soon. I also thought of yellow, but that would be adding another colour. I think the orange will be the one I choose.
The weekend is almost here and I am not doing too much on the weekend, so I might do some more of this just for the fun of it. Since the weather is so cold, I might just as well sew this one up.
Remember the white quilt? well I have the last of that fabric made into a top. I have yet to choose the trim, although the blue looks really good, but I used pink in it to give it another colour choice for borders. I really like pink.
I really like the stippling. I read that the more you practice the better you get. Well the better one gets, the more one likes the stippling effect. Gosh, last summer I had the hardest time doing it and now it's one of the things I look forward to when quilting!
The Obama visit which was huge news here in Canada yesterday is still being touted as a successful visit and I certainly hope that the President of the United States is made half as welcome when he visits other countries. He even visited a cookie shop here to bring some home for his girls. The secret service must have been going nuts, but he is such a people person and the cookie shop was totally over whelmed by it all. Very very sweet of him. It doesn't matter if one is Republican or Democrat, when that guy smiles and turns to the people, it's just the most incredible feeling as told to those that only saw him for a minute! Imagine ! He has the charisma that has been lacking in leaders for a long time. He's not like Kennedy because this is 45 years later. He just seems to like people! And they in turn feel it!
Enjoy your weekend.

5 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Orange isn't one of my favorite colors but I want to see what this quilt looks like when it is done! I will be spending the next couple days getting busy on the challenge from my quilt guild. Mine will be wall hanging size and I can't post any photo's on my blog as a few of the guild members look at it now and then :( so I can't even mention what colors I'm using!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

I got a note from Pat Sloan and she said that the pattern could be varied and so I'm not putting in the little corner stuff.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You know he really is a "nice" guy. Thank you for the warm welcome he received.
I love your OP quilt so far. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I love orange...not to wear but as a punch colour for decorating.I like it so far Mom.

Susan In Texas said...

I like the white sashing. I think that will make the orange blocks look awesome! I love orange. I sent a bit of orange fabric along with a friend who was visiting Banff this past summer. She went to the Pine Tree Quilt Shop (love that store!) in nearby Canmore to try to match it up for me. She considered it her vacation *mission*. lol

Thanks for listing my blog in your blog list. I am planning to return the compliment. I can't wait to see your orange top all pieced!

I AM a little worried about stippling the country chain and knot quilt on my Bernina. I think it will be a little awkward, but doable. It will certainly make me appreciate doing the edges even more than usual. lol I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy Quilting,
Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com
gentle_poster@charter.net