Tuesday, September 1, 2009

FALL IS HERE...WHAT HAPPENED TO SUMMER?



After being away for a week, I have returned to absolute
perfect weather at the cottage. It is now a perfect fall
day here at the cottage. What? Fall is here! I can't
believe that I missed summer! The nights are cool
now and we must put heat on to make it comfy in
the early mornings. I do like the colours of fall, but
I miss not having had hot days this past season.
Oh there is always next year, (sigh)
The photo of the gang of young athletes in the first photo is of our aspiring olympic athlete. Can you see her? I tried to get her by using picasa to zero in on her. She made all her races to the finals only to place a very close fourth in all her endeavours. We are so proud. She was pleased with herself too.
We had 6 large trees cut down last week and my sweetie asked that the stumps be made into seats. We have three of these now, all in a row up the hill behind the cottage. The tree cutting was quite an operation. It took an hour of just positioning the ropes for each of the trees so that they wouldn't cause damage to buildings and other trees on the property. We have enough fire wood here now to last for years! The trees are now cut and stacked to dry. I hope I love long enough to make a dint! I must take a photo for the next post!
Oh! That's me sitting on the stump chair.....not much room for the butt!
It's good to be back. I have been sewing and did manage to get my fabric to finish the black quilt that I pieced this summer. $4.00 per metre for the black and I also bought some yellow and soft green fabric which was the same price and I love the fabric. I have the pattern in white and it's just super! I must take photos of this too.

8 comments :

blushing rose said...

How exciting that she placed so well in the races. Congrats! Great pic of her.

We have a wee chill in the eve now, also. Let's one know that you need to get ready for the next season of beauty that is nearly upon us. I love each season for individual beauties.

Our tornado a couple weeks ago missed us by one mile but down the hill WHOA!! it tore up everything. We only lost a huge branch on a tree. The second tornado (now mind you they are a rarity here) took down a huge branch on another tree. Neighbors grab our wood as soon as we set it out.

My DH is going to be in Ontario on business in a couple weeks ... we love it up there.

Have a beautiful week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wishing you a beautiful September

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Great job, I can see her!! She did a good job. I love your new chairs.

Jennifer said...

Now that is one very stylish chair! Well done to your young athlete. Are you going to turn on the fall colours for me when I visit?

Crispy said...

LOL, love your new chairs (and your smiling face). Congrats on your athelete she did well against all that really tough competition.

Crispy

Barb Florida said...

Nanci, you always have so much fun. The chairs are great - I'd love to see an aerial photo of them. Congrats to Courtney!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nana I think thats a really good picture of you. (:
I think when you get back id like to work on a quilt with you, when you get this can you call me cause i forget the cottage number.
i also setup the spare room, my dad thinks alex will love it cause it my old bed spread and the rooms very orange. Im so sad i didnt make it up to the cottage this year, The photos are really nice. I remeber those tree stumps, i guess the ones courtney, jess and i made are all rotted away though!
lots of love--
Torry. (:

piecesofpatti said...

Like those log chairs. You have a great place!