Wednesday, September 2, 2009

IT'S ANOTHER QUILT FINISHED!

Here is my newist quilt finished. I tried to make it a photo op, but it just looks ordinary. I think some people really have the "knack" for photos. In any event. I am so pleased with it. I managed to get the backing for $4.00 per metre as stated yesterday. I have another small pieced quilt like this one to complete.








I don't know if it's just me or what, but I find that my larger quilts are quite heavy. I can't remember why some seem lighter than this one just completed. I use bamboo batting or warm and natural. Is that it? I don't like using the poly one which might be the lightest batting to use.





I know that the larger the quilt the heavier it is, but mine seem to be more winter weight if you know what I'm saying here.





It was such a beauty of a day yesterday that the boats were just nicely lined up. We had to move the middle boat (aka my boat) on Saturday due to the horendous east wind we had that banged the boat on the dock. No damage to the boat which is a Key West and similar to Boston Whalers in construction. My very precious item

here at the lake as it goes really well in rough

weather.





The little one is a Water Mouse which was really

popular at Walt Disney world in Orlando, but I

understand that it's not made anymore. This

little sucker is 9ft X 5 ft wide and has a small

motor for the children to just drive around.

Yeah, imagine us having that when we were young

and our parents giving us this little gem! Our

granddaughter Alex has inherited this and she

drives it all day long. Yesterday she took me

for a ride. Trust me, It was very hard to get

out of. Not getting in, but I sure had a hard time

getting out.





We took the dog, Alex and me in that little boat

and did a tour of the island. Close to shore and

we were looking for the beaver den. No luck.






Here is the woodpile I mentioned. Can you imagine piling this as neatly as this? The guys that cut the trees, actually cut, chopped and piled this in about 3/4 of a days work. From 9 am till about 3pm and taking coffee and lunch breaks too!





The first photo is of the oak tree that was piled to

dry over the next year as it needs to dry quite

well. And the second is the size of the pile. It will last us a very long time as we are only here from May till late October, weather permitting of course.


It is so quiet here at the lake. There is no one here on our little island. One can tell that school and holidays have come to an end. At night we have wonderful views of the stars as there is so little ambient light making the stars so very bright.


My biggest job today is to bath a dog that should be white and he is now grey as he is so very dirty that brushing just isn't cutting it. He needs a hair cut, but not till we return to the city. He hates the bath, but boy, when I dry him and use the blow dryer, he even gives me a paw, he loves being dried so much. He comes into the bathroom in the morning when I am drying my hair and likes to get dried too. Stupid Dog!



PS.
Does any one (Chris) know how to remove a photo once it's on this page....sorry about the duplicate.
















6 comments :

Jocelyn said...

Love your quilt. It's very stunning.

piecesofpatti said...

The quilt is very nice! I love it. Great looking wood pile!

Crispy said...

WOW that is a LOT of wood!! Oh yes, I know all about that getting up or out of stuff, down is easy up is HARD LOL. Love how your quilt came out, just think of it as a warm a snuggly quilt for fall evenings and winter...all the time.

To remove the picture, edit the post, click on edit when the post comes up, scroll down to the bottom, highlight the code that starts with an < and ends with /> then publish the post again.

Crispy (who wasn't sure if you meant me or another Chris LOL)

Jennifer said...

Your quilt is lovely! I know what you mean about heavy...it's usually the batting, but don't overlook the fact that there is more fabric in that quilt than you can see on the top. There's the weight of all the fabric in the seams, and the backing too.
The wood will keep you cozy for a while!

Barb said...

Beautiful day at the cottage and that quilt, I believe I have done that pattern. I don't know why some are heavier...sorry

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I use the same brand/type batting most of the time and some quilts are heavier than others even though there aren't any more seams. I think some of the batting is more dense than others from roll to roll or package to package.

To remove a picture I just right click on it and click on delete.