Friday, November 20, 2009

THIS IS WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE!




After much messing around, I finally, I mean finally made the cowl properly! I now know that the other wool was too fat and too chunky....oh, you already know that right?
Anyway, I called Helen a few times, sent a photo of the partial thing and even though it called for circular needles which I uses, I had to cast the stitches on as if it was straight because the wool would have been stretched. I certainly didn't want it stretched as I already have one that is!
So here it is, and it fits. I now must await cooler weather to wear it as we are still in the mid 40s and low 50s here in Whitby...
I am sewing today, it's a safer venue for me.. have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments :

Jocelyn said...

Ahhh, now I see it ;-) Enjoy your sewing day!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Ah so that is what it is :) I can see putting that on first then the jacket and keeping your neck nice and warm outside in those low, low temps that you have so your neck won't stiffen up from the cold! Cool
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Ahhh, now that looks warm and cozy!!!

Anya said...

Much better...

Crispy said...

Oh NOW I get it!! That would really great around here when it's 20 below.

Crispy

Jennifer said...

Now that works!

Sunshine said...

Nanci, that's a hillarious story! :)

What did you end up doing with the other one?

Cheers,
Christine

Wilma Lee said...

That's neat!!! I have started knitting a bit too. Maybe it's the time of year for a little change.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Much better and so comfy looking!

Lindsey said...

Really cute! Great job.