Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A FEW THINGS I HAVE LEARNED...SORT OF

I learned this year that my Janome isn't indistructable...
it has siezed twice in a year.


I learned that with help from my "private" teacher, I really improved in my pattern choices.


I learned that I really have gotten better at quilting at the cottage...


I also learned that it's not a race about finishing a quilt
so quickly...I don't know how some machine quilters do it.



I learned that the hand quilters who follow my blog are truly artisans....in my opinion.



I learned that the little threader that Helen gave me is probably one of the best little tool around.



I learned to get really really good at stitch picking.
Yeah really...



By the way the photo on the right is of the Virgin Islands, with 22 ft waves coming ashore. Oh to be a surfer.
I just loved the photo that was posted......I didn't learn anything from that...

.

I learned that sometimes 6:30 am with a cup of coffee in hand is sometimes the best time to quilt or get inspired.....my hands are quite steady then, so I can cut straighter than after 4 pm.




Best of all, so far, I learned that I am so thankful for the small joys in life that are shared by so many of the bloggers on the web....what did we ever do before the blogs were invented?



Happy New Year!

9 comments :

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Great post!!! Thanks for sharing, and the picture, wow, how beautiful! I learned it is great to know you!

Barb said...

I don't have a clue as to what we use to do before blogging.....

I have never met a better group of people in my whole life.....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't know what we did before blogs! :) really I have "met" so many quilters in the past 2 1/2 years (almost 3 really) since I started my blog. Exchange so much information and ideas - it is great.
Happy New Year to you Nanci
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sunshine said...

I was going to say: we spent more time quilting, but that's not true! Looking at blogs like yours inspires me so much... I'm constantly getting new ideas for fabrics, patterns and quilts!

Nice list - thanks!

Cheers,
Christine

Wilma Lee said...

I usually get up between 5:30 and 6. I spend the early hours reading blogs (like yours) and drinking my coffee in peace. I don;t know how I would survive with out the computer!! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I've learned that although we love our cottage and the time spent on the lake, the summer of 2009 was even more special because of the "Happy Quilt" lady and her incredible enthusiasm for sharing my passion for quilts.
Bleesings in 2010 for you and your sweetie!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, it's 8:50 Am and one might think that I have already been imbibing! That's BLESSINGS not bleesings (whatever the H those are)!
Ciao,
Helen

Micki said...

You really did learn alot...I loved the post! Happy New Year to you !
Micki

Crispy said...

This is a wonderful post Nanci!! I LOVED reading it!!

Crispy

PS - There are sharks in those waves, I'll just enjoy the view LOL.