Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GOODBYE AMANDAJEAN AND THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES!

Yesterday, I read that one of the most popular bloggers
was signing off.




I had just posted that she was the person who got me started quilting.  I've commented on her help over the past couple of years of course, but never did I think that her blog would come to an end.


I didn't expect her to respond to my comments, but when she visited my blog, I was so thrilled that she took the time to share her thoughts.   


It's a wonder she had time to sleep let alone keep up this blog that took on a life that she probably never expected when she started blogging.


I often wonder about the blogs that have hundreds and hundreds of followers like me, if they realize how much we depend on them...for free too.


Anyway, I found this photo on the web, saying goodbye and just thought I'd be one of the group who says thanks for sharing and bringing the love of quilting into our lives a little bit each day.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Nanci,
Me too! :( I enjoyed her blog sooo much. What an amazing gal! Thanks to you I have been following a number of your blog friends and have learned and laughed along the way. Great fun!
Helen

Jocelyn said...

Nanci, I agree too. Amanda Jean's blog was one of the first ones that I started reading. And she always would respond to my comments, even when she had 400+ to answer! What a wonderful contribution she has made to the quilting blog world. She will be sorely missed :-(

Shevvy said...

Agreed - she makes such inspirational quilts. I found her via the online quilt festival. I don't know how she achieves so much.

Micki said...

Sorry that she is stopping to blog. I can see that you will miss her.
Micki

Pokey said...

Nanci, your sweet sentiments are shared by me, too. Her approach an creativity is fun and colorful.
I wonder if she'll go into making a book of patterns? It certainly would sell!

Amanda Jean said...

awww, thanks so much, Nanci. xo

Leslie said...

we had a moment of silence over on my blog the other day for this reason...i was so shocked. she was one of my favorites and so helpful