Monday, January 4, 2010

BRRRR! IT'S VERY VERY COLD




We are definitely in a cold spell here in Ontario.  Blizzard warnings and the lakes have frozen in the north near our cottage.

I received this photo to show that we should all be thinking of .....Antiqua...that would be good don't you think?

I sew in the basement which is usually just right for me to work, listen to music and be "creative" if you know what I mean.... well it's just too cold to want to do anything except put a quilt on my lap and watch television.

I did read "Playing for Pizza" by J. Grisham...the food made me want to go to Italy, but not in this weather...see?  I'm thinking warm and sunny all the time.

Last night, I saw "He's not into you" a total chick flick...Also watched "Two weeks notice"  again for the upteenth time and of course "Nottinghill" which is my favorite Julia film.

Today, I am off to pick up our Olympic girl as she is getting her resumes ready for University and we are going to lunch to discuss her future! 

Tomorrow...the tree comes down!  I'm over Christmas and all the holiday stuff.  I don't know any Ukranians !

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

Helen, you aren't Ukranian are you?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is freezing here too. Yesterday while I was knitting, sewing, watching tv I had to have a afghan over my legs and two pair of socks on my feet!! I am so glad that our heat pump has been working more efficiently since we had work done on it two years ago - I can't begin to imagine how chilly the house would be if it wasn't working as good as it is.
Oh well - I will brave the weather today, bundle up and get out, I haven't gotten out of the house much in the last 3 days and it is just going to stay this cold all week so will have to learn to cope with it and get out anyhow.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Barb said...

I have to turn on the air in my sewing room....it is hot and muggy here, and has been raining alot...alot....

Stay warm!!

Jocelyn said...

It's cold in my cottage too! We are having a week of very cold weather in Florida, and I do not like it at all. It was in the 30's with a wind chill of 28. High yesterday was 44,which is very cold for FL :-(

Nanette Merrill said...

I know we have no reason to complain here in Utah but it was 16 driving to work this morning. And that is too cold for me!

Jennifer said...

Oh my....that is very cold! It's a balmy 26 deg C here in sunny Sydney.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

It's 12 F here in TN this morning. I don't like to be cold but in the summer I gripe about the heat and humidity! I'm only happy when it's about 70 degrees:)

Crispy said...

All our lakes are frozen and dotted with those crazy Ice Fisherman huts. The Missouri River is almost closed....Spring seems so far away!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

The ice huts were out Lakes Simcoe and Couchiching before the lakes were completely frozen. The very cold weather has done its job and the fisherman are ecstatic. This is sooo Canadian!
Helen