Thursday, February 25, 2010

THE LITTLE BLUE QUILT FINISHED






This little quilt is so cute! I am not much of a blue person so when I put this together, I was using up stash.


But now that it's finished with a soft red binding, it really makes me think differently of blue!


I did post the second photo of what an indea in my head without practicing does. Originally I was going to do free motion on it. Then, I had the corner lined up and I thought, oh do something different!


So as you can see from the corner, it wasn't exactly
produced such as one would see on that blog
365 days of free motion quilting....not by a long
shot.

But you know what? By the time I had moved down about 10", I was on a roll. I just wanted to show what happens when I'm thinking!


We actually watched the hockey game last night even though we aren't fans of the game. It's not like you see on telvision....Canada is not obsessed with hockey, just hockey at the Olympics.


It's because, if I remember correctly, we've been beaten by so many teams so many times. It's a point of pride.

Happy Birthday to granddaughters Nicole and Tory who were born two years apart and one day difference.
Nicole is 20 and Tory is 18, life is just beginning to be stressful I think.





10 comments :

Anonymous said...

The quilt is sooo sweet. Well done! I am anxious to reduce my stash and you are motivating me to get going. In the meantime, I am still recovering from yesterday. The Canadian women did wondrous things!
Ciao, Helen

Shirley said...

What a quick result and the quilt looks really good. Well done Nanci

Bunny said...

Very pretty quilt you did a beautiful job.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the red binding. You sure have been whipping the quilts out lately, you have finished quite a few. I'm afraid I am not a hockey fan either.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Leslie said...

the quilt looks great...go you for trying something new with the quilting. i am inspired

Patchmaker said...

The quilt is so sweet! No hockey fans here either, but I'm glad Canada won last night at the Olympics.

Sunshine said...

Hi Nanci,

I've missed so many posts when my internet wouldn't load images... hopefully I have a chance to read them all in peace and comment, let me just say, all the new quilts look fantastic - are you taking performance enhancers to get so much done???

:)

Cheers,
Christine

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Nanci, I really like the quilt, so soft and pretty, love the touch of red, and the quilting is just wonderful!!

Jocelyn said...

Nanci, I love how this quilt turned out! It looks great!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nanci your quilt is lovely...