Monday, February 8, 2010

MEREMEKO QUILT IS FINISHED!


I finally finished this little quilt! It's the meremeko
fabric that I inherited from my grandmother's stash.



This fabric is prior to 1965 which is when she passed away. I used the black and whites to really show this off and my sweetie helped me lay it out.

I found out after I washed it that it actually shrank a bit, so I rewashed it and stretched it again and it now looks perfect.

I hate prewashing but this is a lesson learned isn't it?

So this morning while washing this quilt, I washed the rest of the fabric that I have, about 2 large fat quarters.

I actually got this idea from Bumble Beans as she has some similar patterned quilts, so thanks to her I am quite in love with this pattern. It would lend itself to a jelly roll too, like Helen's quilt that I posted last week.

15 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks lovely!! so nice and bright
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Michele said...

Wow! That was quick! It turned out so pretty! That Maremeko fabric is timeless!

Harmony Hopes Studio said...

It is so nice to have something from grand mama. It looks really nice with your buttery walls. Yum.
Penny

Barb said...

Yes, it did turn out sooooo nice and pretty

Shirley said...

Well done Nanci, any quilt finished is worth celebrating.
Shirley.x

Nanette Merrill said...

Love Marimeko. This turned out really nice.

Leslie said...

this looks amazing..i love that vintage marimeko. i am guilty of never pre washing...i just am too lazy.

Jennifer said...

That's great....a lovely way to remember your grandmother, through fabric!

Sue-Anne said...

Your quilt looks fantastic and as was said above, a reat way to remember your grandmother.

Twisted Quilts said...

Love that quilt

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh gosh it turned out wonderful!! I just love it!

Crispy said...

Such a lovely finish and tribute to your gramma. Well Done!!

Crispy

Patchmaker said...

Looks great! Congrats!

Anya said...

Love it! You'd never know that it's such an old fabric -- you gave it a very modern look. Nice job!

susan@tickledpaisley said...

It looks great Nanci!!! How wonderful that you repurposed that old fabulous fabric!! Is that your new paint on the walls in the background??