Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WILL YOU LOOK AT THIS?

I just popped in to visit one of my new blogging friends, Patchmaker Quilts. (see my blog list) and she has posted a few photos that she uploaded of these albino moose in Nova Scotia.




Not just one but a few and look, no snow on the ground.
Read her story as it's better detailed than what I could say as I don't paraphrase very well. The memory forgets quickly.





The house is finished! We are back to normal in every
sense of our being. The basement is a bit of a mess, but I was down there this morning and sorted through some of the excess. I think we will be having our first garage sale this spring. I have no idea how one goes about doing one, but I am sure with the help of my daughter and Mary that we can be successful. It's not that I have so very much, but some of our stuff is just too good to take to Goodwill.






Did I tell you of the absolutely best thing about the painting? No? Well here it is. About 6 years ago, while we were still at our "big" house, I lost a pair of earings, gold hoops that I'd had since 1961. I remember because it was the year Kelly was born. Anyway, I looked everywhere for them, and I mean everywhere in that house, all the drawers, closets and any little thing that I found, I would open it and look.




For the life of me, I just couldn't imagine what I'd done with them as I only have a few pairs that I wear at any time. I bought two pairs that year, one larger ones and a smaller pair (18k to boot) that I eventually gave to Kelly. So, I find this bathrobe that my sweetie has and it's been on a top shelf of his closet, as it was on the shelf of the "other" closet. I decided after all these years to wash it....as I am emptying the washer, I hear a clink! I look in the washer and...


OMG....I pull out one earing....I thought....what the .......... I shook the robe and the other earing fell on the floor.....I was whooping and hollering all over the house....sort of crazy dance too I think....and I am now wearing my absolutely favorite earings....Can you believe that? All those years, it's been in the pocket of a bathrobe that I probably wore twice in my life!




I'm happy!

9 comments :

Shirley said...

What a great story Nanci, I can feel the excitement from here. They were just being kept safe for a time when you needed some cheering up.
Shirley

Barb said...

Funny about the earrings....I had lost an expensive watch...I swore that one of the boys knocked it off into the trash, was sitting by the computer. Many years later we moved to Amerika Samoa and what do I find in one of the boxes...you are right...the watch!!! Sorry boys.

Love the moose!

You can make alot of money at garage sells, we made 1,000 before moving here and we sold things cheap.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - things do get lost and then found - I lost a Roxanne thimble once and found when we were taking a chair out of the house that was getting really shabby, turned it on it's side and then dropped it by accident on the porch - the thimble fell out from the inside of the chair somewhere!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good job on finishing the house - and sorting the basement. I know Goodwill is always grateful for all the good stuff they get, so they can sell to those in need at a reasonable price - thanks for helping.

susan@tickledpaisley said...

Yeah! post pictures of the house all freshly painted!! Happy story about finding the earings...just in time for valentine's day! Garage sales are a lot of work but worth it if you have a lot of things. Be prepared for the people who ask if the chair you are sitting in is for sale! I always have a few "crazies" who just start wandering around my garage...lesson learned - I keep it closed!!

Jennifer said...

That was a lucky find! I'm hoping to find a few 'lost or missing' articles when we pack up to move.

Twisted Quilts said...

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago except I found my earrings in the pocket of a fleece I wear around the house when it gets cold. I had even tried to buy another pair because I liked them so much.

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Wow - what a find and how exciting. Sounds like there's hope yet for my husband to find his wedding ring. It was lost in 1969 and we searched everywhere too. Maybe one day it will turn up.

Patchmaker said...

Thanks for the mention!!
I'm so happy you found the earrings! Hey, maybe I'll find my missing ring when we move . . .