Monday, April 12, 2010

LUNCH AT THE COTTAGE


Well I did say we were going to the cottage to see what had happened to our little piece of paradise over the winter.

Helen and I brought lunch for the four of us. It was a warm, sunny day so we had lunch on the deck. Helen's sweetie has been making wine...We toasted to his success at making pinot grisot and celebrated the opening of the cottages.


We brought so much food that the four of us could have actually stayed over for a couple of days!





Here is a photo of our place all boarded up, not very inviting at first glance. But a half hour later, shutters were off, the deck was swept, the chairs were out and we were in business.


We had a broken glass on one window which appears to have been caused by the wind! Wierd, since the screen was undamaged, and just glass on the deck. We are so far out, about 6 miles that no one ever goes out there in the winter, too cold, so we never worry about breakins.

We were also surprised at how little debris there was around us. Usually, there is so many branches that have been blown off by winter storms and we need to clear a path to get to the cottage, but not this year.


Leaving the cottage, of course the wind came up and
we all got fairly wet going into the wind to return to
the marina. Not a nice journey, but still all in all
we are back at the cottage for the season.



This is the other jelly that I purchased, and I have brought home from the cottage a couple of patterns, one being a fan, and the other a daisy pattern.

I am thinking a 1930's style of quilt which I love to look at. It must be something in me that does that, as I love the fashions, and the movies of that era.

I have finished quilting two quilts which I will post tomorrow and am ready for new adventures!

Exciting things ahead.

http://robingallagher@blogspot.com is having a giveaway of fat quarters to celebrate her birthday. I am posting this, but don't expect to win as I see some of the lucky people are entered.....I have some irish blood in me....what happened? But since Barb posted about it, now so many people will enter, so there you go.

8 comments :

Crispy said...

I can almost hear the echos of young people splashing and screaming!! I can hardly wait to see the finished quilts :0)

Crispy

Leslie said...

it must have been nice to be back at your cottage. love that fabric you have

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when do you actually move back to the cottage - too early still isn't it? Or is it not too cold? Do your friends have a cottage right close to you too?
I will look at the give away and your jelly roll looks great!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sue-Anne said...

I want to come to your cottage and have lunch with you. Those strawberries look so nice, they are my favourite summer fruit and are all finished here now. Your cottage looks wonderful. Canada has the most beautiful scenery, I love those trees. Do you get any bears there. When my son was in Whistler he saw several black bears. He nearly died when he saw the first one! The photos he sent us were so good. He had a picture of one walking along the main street. He was told they come in looking for food before they go into hibernation.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh it seems winter flew right by and you are back at your sweet cottage!! How fun!
Love your jelly roll and thanks for the link!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh gosh, I know why I love your Jelly Roll, it is the same one I am using for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along, silly me!!!

Twisted Quilts said...

Looks wonderful, cottage and lunch.

Jennifer said...

Your deck picnic looks very inviting! I would join you if it wasn't so far to go.