Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TWO MORE QUILTS FINISHED!




Here it is, the last big orange quilt that I'll ever make. If I do decide to do another, please feel free to shoot me!


I was looking at the finished quilts on my shelves and I have at least four which are orange as primary colour.



This one measures about 50 X 65, so it's an odd size too.I ran out of the large orange dots. My sweetie loves this one too as you can imagine. He looks at the work and not the colours.



I finished this little quilt for my friend. The back has
the black dots , yep used up a lot of the dots fabrics I
have too.



I didn't quilt the hats but just outlined them, so they are unheaded by any black threads. It's cute. And finished.



Too much going on yesterday to get to the workshop to see about doing a new project, but what with the new fabrics, I do have a couple of ideas beyond the new pattern I bought.


Getting caught up on my blog roll was quite time consuming yesterday, but worth while, http://myfatquarter.blogspot.com/ has a story of her daughter who has had 17 years living with a liver transplant. I should never complain of my life's little ills. The story is very moving and this young woman has a definite Passion for living. Worth a read.

Another sunny day...isn't life grand?







12 comments :

Anya said...

I agree with your sweetie about the orange quilt. I like the design and the work!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilts. It is nice getting the quilts done isn't it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Patchmaker said...

Wow . . thanks for sharing Annette's story. What an amazing lady, and so right about following your passion instead of just existing!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

That's a great story:)

I like your new quilts! Dare I say I love the orange one? By the way, I ordered some pretty orange fabrics and they should be arriving soon. So, maybe you've passed the orange bug along and it won't bother you anymore:)

Barb said...

Your orange quitl is awesome...totally....do another one...ha!!

Love the other one as well..

Crispy said...

Orange or not they are both very pretty Nanci!

Crispy

SewCalGal said...

I love your big orange quilt. Not 100% certain what pattern it is.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Shay said...

Congratulations on both your finishes. Beautiful as always too!

Sue-Anne said...

I love your orange quilt. It looks fantastic. I like what you did with the red hat fabric too.

Jennifer said...

Nanci, I love that orange quilt, your fabric choices are great!

Quiltgal said...

I like both quilts but adore the orange dots. Your cottage and lunch look great you much have had great weather.

julieQ said...

I have a small orange stash...hmm, what to do? Thank you for the idea!