Friday, June 11, 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

After three days of miserable, damp, rainy weather we
awoke to this!


One of the other cottagers on this lake has a rowing boat for excercizing and on calm days he goes around the three islands on our little chain of same.

Of course the dog goes nuts when he sees them and has fallen in a couple of times wherein we must rush to the dock and pull him out! (Stupid and forgetful dog) But this morning he actually listened when I told him to stop at the top of the stairs.


On a calm day like today, we can hear trucks about a mile away on the south shore of the lake as they go about building or doing whatever it is that large trucks do.

With the awful weather and the "Spring" top almost finished, I'm thinking that I must get wool to knit or something else to do here. I need to make something simple again to get the juices flowing!

The learning process was brain draining for me and since I've not got that many left to get rid of I need to make some bags or some such to just not think too much.

Thanks for telling me about how you got your names! Some are quite interesting for sure. I think that's how we discover each other....we look and clik on the icon to see what we can discover. Some, that I followed early on in blogging have disappeared, a couple of special people passed away with family members telling us the end of a life and the blog. Others, I think like a lot of us do at times have taken a break from this as we sometimes feel that we MUST blog or we will be forgotten.

For those that have the businesses of fabrics, patterns and quilts, what a great way to make a living. Today I'd suggest that you go to "Bee in My Bonnet" who has photographed her studio....which is to die for....

7 comments :

Sandra Henderson said...

Nanci, I'm behind on you blog :(, must go see your last post now, your top looks GORGEOUS! You know, I've often wondered if I died who would know... who would tell you all? lol seriously. I need to make sure somebody can get the front door to my blog unlocked so that they can tell you all... I think about things like this! I do! So, I'm glad that you brought it up and I see that now it IS a reality of blogging.
Your lake is so lovely. Funny, we can hear the Kings Bay Nuclear Submarine base across our water from time to time. Sometimes it's explosions of goodnes knows what being tested, sometimes it's a band for a ceremony, loud beeping, always different. It's kind of like living the way we were meant to with a very constant, stark reminder of current day reality in our back yard... sureal.
So glad you I found you. Please don't ever stop. You make take breaks, but are not allowed to ever quit posting! I'm off to your last post now and to see Bee In My Bonnet's studio! :)

Sandra Henderson said...

I really must edit my posts before submitting. so sorry. You MAY take breaks.
Very short breaks. goodbye again.

Crispy said...

What a lovely photo of the lake!! I have to go back to yesterday's post to read how people got their names :0)

Crispy

Shirley said...

Keep doing what you are doing Nanci, it makes for interesting reading. You are not alone with the way your mind wanders as you sew. You should be in our wednesday group and hear what we have to say while we sew!! We laugh till we cry at times.
Shirley.

Jennifer said...

Your little corner of paradise is a lovely spot!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a lovely photo! I didn't come up with a very catchy name for my blog, did I? I wanted a word that meant bed covering and I thought of that old poem about the world of counterpane--I guess it was by Robert Lewis Stevenson?

Unknown said...

Hi Nanci, just catching up on blog visiting after a really cold snap.. too cold to come into the spare room even ... I named my blog My Fat Quarter because I was thinking of my big bottom.. however that hasn't changed at all! Of course I love fat quarters too haha.