Friday, February 18, 2011

FAVOURITE THINGS FRIDAY!--LAUGHTER


 As you all know by now, FTF is about just that.  What's your favourite thing.

I love to laugh.  God, I am one of those that just bends over and gets it out from the toes to the top of my head.  My  eyes run, so does my nose and sometimes, I must stop because I may get one of those headaches that can come from laughing so hard.

This week, The Money Pit movie was on with Tom Hanks and Shelly Long.  My sweetie said he laughed at me for laughing so hard at the antics of their buying the house that was falling apart.

We bought an old house years ago.  It had a light
that never turned off!  We couldn't find the switch and my
sweetie was an electrician!  Well one night  about
a month after we had moved in, the light went out.
We looked everywhere for the switch one more time.

I was home early one day, decided to wash the exterior
windows, had a ladder and unscrewed the light, put in
a new one and when Jerry drove up in the late autumn
night, he saw the light on....he ran in and asked...Where
is the light?...I told him that the light bulb had been
exchanged and I still didn't know where to turn it off.

We had our money pit of a house too!

I love a good joke.  I particular love
a play on words type of joke and my
sweetie tells me those whenever he
hears them.

We are dog lovers, so they make us laugh a lot.  The new neighbours have a two year old retriever who makes us laugh all the time at his antics.

Then there is our grandkids, particularly this photo of our girl winning a race that was close and the relief of the win made her laugh as well as cry from the sheer joy of it.

Don't we all just love a funny story, a great story told by someone animated with the telling.  

 Laughter in addicting, pass it on.



16 comments :

Elizabeth said...

I love a good joke and a play on words is one of my favorites too. Laughter is the best medicine. Thanks for sharing all the ways that you like to laugh.

xo -El

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I just laughed at the thought of you laughing so you passed it on, my friend!

I am one that laughs a few short chortles and then, I lose sound. Kind of a high pitched, "eeeeehhh" and then breathless "hahahahahaha". Then tears start rolling, people start laughing at me laughing (especially the hubs) and off we go because then I can't stop.

I can't tell you how many times my laugh has started a long trend of laughing. It's quite nuts. Maybe because I am always so controlled in my other emotions but I always, always let that one go freely.

Here's to laughter! :D

Barb said...

Oh....we love to laugh around here too...that dog is adorable....loved your story.

fabricartist21 said...

Laughing is addicting. My sister and sometimes get to laughing so hard we both start to cry. It is funny that I should post after Barbara as we have met and we had a wonderful time.
Need to tell all my blogger friends to in and visit my blog as I have been neglecting it here lately and decided to have a giveaway to gather more followers. If you have time please visit me.

Susan In Texas said...

My DH and I love to laugh. It has gotten us through the tough times, that's for sure! I love the little scottish fold kitty. My friend used to have one; he was the sweetest kitty. 8)

Susan in Texas

thea said...

Laughing is great! It makes you feel so good and so alive!

Shirley said...

Does this happen to you too when you hear something funny. My Brother in Law told me something funny the other night just as I had taken a gulp of tea. I couldn't swallow it for laughing and ending up running to the kitchen to spit it out before I choked.
Laughing is the best medicine ever.
Love Shirley.x

Crispy said...

I love laughing too. My sis and I would get on the phone and be crying we were laughing so hard...usually because of the antics of the kids or hubbys. My whole family are laughers and it's such a joyful noise when we are together, you would think there was a hundred of us instead of 10 :0)

Crispy

Kate said...

Great FTF! Laugher is very necessary part of life.

Quiltgal said...

Love to laugh too, It is suppose to make you healthier. A great healing tool!

Kirsten said...

Great FTF...I laugh all the time..people always wonder..:-)

Shay said...

I love that you laugh and enjoy life so much. Laughter always makes us feel good. It's such a simple thing and we should all be doing more of it.

The thought occurs too that even though people speak different languages and live in different places- laughter is universal and always sounds the same no matter where you live or what language you speak.

Love the laughing dog picture. Enjoyed this FTF a lot too!

Marg said...

Laughter is so infectious, I love it when you start laughing and you just can't stop! I especially love a good belly laugh.

Sarah Craig said...

Since you love to laugh, be sure to check out the blog MirandaandCharlie.blogspot.com - on her Friday Funny blogpost she had the funniest little video I've ever seen - I laughed until I cried, then I showed it to my husband and laughed all over again!!!

Unknown said...

Do you know that they even have laughter groups all over the world now? Especially good for the soul they say!! I know laughter in our family is always there!! Gotta love it!!!

Micki said...

Loved your post! We all love to laugh around here,and the Irish always love a good joke!
Micki