Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Helen's Quilts for Newfoundland

I just want to post this photo of Helen's artistic
thinkin for the photos of her quilts she and Andrea
were taking to Newfoundland.

She has been busy making these for god children who live there.  I think the fact that she and her daughter do this together is bliss for Helen.

I am quilting a nine patch that I did last summer.  Why I chose such a "girly" quilt I don't know.  Anyway it's almost finished and it does look better quilted than not.

Do you find that too?  I think I like the finished product much more than the original top.  I have also finished one of the black colourful quilt tops from the winter.  I have two to go to get quilted but honestly, I like to spray baste so must await a calm day at the lake.

We have had humid humid weather.  I know it even reached Arkansas this humidity, but we can't complain really as winter will make us moan of the snow!
  Last night without winds, storms or change in the lake pattern, the humidity lifted to the point where I put a sweater on.  My sweetie is loving this morning.

Yesterday was my daughter's 50th.  I can't believe this!  I'm not that old!  She had a wonderful dinner with friends who have known her all those years. 

Posted by Picasa

7 comments :

Barb said...

Oh....love all of the quilts, reminds me when my mother would hang out the sheets and I would play in them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the quilts hanging on the line - and I love the log cabin in the back! is that Helen's house? humidity here, and the drought and high temperatures continue here in Arkansas!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Pokey said...

How pretty the are, waving in the wind! How do our kids get older than us? lol
:-}pokey

Pokey said...

...yes, I do always like the finish better that the top....
:-}pokey

Shay said...

There is NO way you're old enough to have a daughter who just turned 50.

Quilts flapping on a line always look darling to me- and those quilts are fantastic!

For me it depends how well my quilting turns out as to whether I feel the top looked better finished or unfinished!

Jennifer said...

What a lovely image....quilts flapping in the breeze, with a cottage in the green woods behind them. Your daughter can't be 50, you aren't even that yourself - surely? *grin*

Crispy said...

Wonderful quilts that Helen and her daughter are making and for such a good cause :0) I love the texture that quilting gives a quilt, I guess that is why it's my favorite part of the process. I think it's wrong that our children get that old LOL.

Crispy