Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MONDAY'S CHILD...THAT WAS ME YESTERDAY...

 Yesterday was my birthday.  Oh I don't dwell on it because I've had more birthdays behind me than I do coming to me.   My friend Mary arrived with a blueberry pie (which is my fav) and it was the most delicious ever.  She used 5 cups of blueberries so you know she didn't skimp!

It's been fabulous fall weather and of course lots of people get married in the fall.  The door was at a country wedding that my daughter and her kids attended over the weekend.

Isn't that just the most clever way of using an old door?  The bride's family live on the farm where the wedding was held.  I am definitely going to look for
an old door like this!

 I wish I could say I took this photo of the sunrise last weekend, but alas, it was taken by someone else.  The person didn't leave their name, just the photo on a weather site.

Isn't it just perfect?  It looks so eirie.

We have many strange mornings at the lake in the fall.  We are now being inundated with falling acorns.  They are
everywhere!  It's taking one's life in peril
to walk near them.  Or worse to step on
them on the ground.  They are like ball
bearings.

Fall days at the cottage also bring a calm to the waters that sometimes the reflections are such that it is hard to tell up or down in the photos of scenery.

The pines are blowing their needles this year also and when there is a breeze, it's
raining pine needles. 
Here is a photo of the wedding people all dressed up.  Our boy loves dressing up.  The life of everyone is so busy these days that to get together to have a photo op is special.

The days are getting shorter for sure.  We are now quite dark by 8 pm.  But that means we get to see the beautiful stars at night here since there is so few people on the lake it is very dark indeed.

11 comments :

Anya said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Nanci!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Happy day after your birthday. The sun photo is astounding. I love the quiet after a busy summer.

Frances Leate said...

I hope you had a lovely birthday and got very spoilt. I love the door and will definitely keep an eye out for one with so much character. Take care.

Nanette Merrill said...

Happy belated birthday. It is weird isn't it to be dark at 8. I feel like my internal clock is off.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanci,
Love the door! It's our kind of thing, isn't it? The wheels are already turning. Your trio is beautiful. Hard to believe that you have a daughter with two grown-up (almost in J' s case) children. You never get older Darlin', you just become more serene with time. Hugs to your 'Sweetie," Mary and Bob.
Byeee
Helen (your P.T.)

Shay said...

Happy Birthday Nanci. Your birthday just proves to me (again) that all the most wonderful people have September birthdays. Hope your day was as terrific as you are.

I saw that door idea used in a kitchen once as a noteboard. I love it!

Love the wedding people pic. What a good looking bunch.

Shirley said...

Wishing you a very happy belated birthday Nanci. Hope you had a fab day.

Jennifer said...

Happy (slightly late) birthday! The wedding people look very grand in their finery. That is indeed an interesting use of an old door....I like it.

Leslie said...

happy birthday to you

Jocelyn said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

dijutawanrm20segera said...

Very nicee post