Monday, September 24, 2012

THE DAYS DWINDLE DOWN TO A PRECIOUS FEW!

 
As the days are dwindling here at the cottage, I am down to what I think are the last couple of quilts of this season.

My granddaughter Courtney who is a canoe/kayak racer requested a quilt with that motif on it a while back. 

I just could not get my head around what to design...then I realized that the letters I had would fit into my little charm pack!


Voila!  A simple but effective quilt.  I designed the paddles to indicate the sport, and put the flip flops there because everyone leaves these on the docks as they go out in their boats.

I am very very pleased with this and can finally put it out of my head.

I crochet.  Not too well but do operate in the no fear zone when trying some
stuff.  This is the third in the series
of trials and errors, making these
bowls.  I had 3 metres of fabric that was very colourful, but would never be used for a backing as it was a  juvenile kind of print, so I cut it on the length about an inch wide and here is the result.  It is sturdy and would be a good fruit bowl, or a small dish could be put inside.  I have
some scraps which I am connecting to make some more. I see this as part of my winter projects.

This is a photo of Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia.  I wish I'd taken it, but alas, I am not so lucky to have had this kind of day while visiting Nova Scotia.  But a wonderful  natural photo.


4 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes that last photo is so beautiful! The canoe quilt is just perfect - with letters you don't want a print in back to distract and that looks solid from what I can see. She should love it. When do you leave for Florida? October?

quilton said...

Love Courtney's quilt. Well done, Grandma.
I do not, cannot crochet. I have a mental block as far as it is concerned. I told my daughter to learn, but she apparently inherited the same block......LOL
Peggy's Cove........another beautiful spot in Canada.

Jennifer said...

Peggy's Cove looks so peaceful! Your granddaughter should love her quilt, it's very appropriate.

Shirley said...

It will be special to Courtney because you have made it Nanci and something that she will always treasure. What a beautiful place and a lovely name.