Sunday, October 19, 2008

My First Quilt.


This is my first quilt. I made it too small for my granddaughter's bed and I had to add another half to it. I simply removed the binding, then added a whole new top etc to this. It looks amazing and you can't tell where I added the other half.
I bought two orange queen size sheets, and a white sheet. I didn't know if I would like quilting very much (hard to imagine) and so I decided to try this one. I also found the fish sheet that I used for the back.
This looks so amazing on her bed. Alex loves orange and since I had a bit left over, she has a pillowcase the same as the back side.
It isn't too square, but the finished edges are so good, but I machine finished it, not knowing that the binding should be hand sewn on the backside. But it still looks good.
Since then I haven't been so lucky finishishing the corners and have opted for a different method which was shown to me by a friend who hand quilts, although Helen says that there isn't many more that her hands can do. She is an amazing quilter and has been my mentor in my endeavours.
More to come.

No comments :