Thursday, October 23, 2008

This quilt was made for Kelly, my only daughter for her family room. As usual, I am still using the pinwheels that I cut out for the second quilt that I made. I don't remember being so bad in math, but believe it or not, I still have some of this stuff left. My favorite fabric of all time has been the green with pink dots. I just love it and have a bit of binding left for a small project or top of another strippie quilt.
Yesterday I went to the quilt shop in Pickering and bought quilting gloves, bamboo fabric and was supposed to get muslin and pen for labeling, but got talking and forgot to get the last two items. I love the shop and even though I find the fabrics expensive, I do get a shop discount.
I must go back to purchase the label stuff. I also bought fusible web to try some application techniques.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Another nice quilt!

Where's the quilt shop in Pickering? I occasionally get to the GTA and I like to visit different quilt shops.

Dorothy said...

Hi___ , (sorry, don't know your name, feel weird calling you Nana) ;o) I followed the link you posted on About.com quilting forum. Your quilts may be "simple" as you say, but you look like a natural to me - they are gorgeous! I especially love the orange one - your first? Beautiful!