Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MY SHELVES COMPLETED


Finally yesterday afternoon Jerry finished the shelves for my sewing needs. They just look fantastic and with the white shelving it makes the area look so bright.
I spent the early part of this morning "staging" it just to look at it on the computer. I hope to fill up the left side with quilts and even the cherished ones from my aunt. I found another this morning which is very raggedy and will need some repairing it. It's a log cabin of some kind which my grandmother and great aunt did so many years ago. I'm going to put a new binding on it and fix it the best I can.
Well I did fix the measurements that I failed to notice when cutting out the new quilt, and put it together yesterday while Jerry was finishing the shelves. He said it was one of his favorites. Great! I am off to Kelly's today to see how she is coming with Courts's room since she's in Florida training, her mother will surprise her when she comes home in two weeks.
I have tools and am ready to do the best I can to help her. So off I go.

8 comments :

Bonnie said...

Those shelves just look so nice. Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

Thx for your help mom and we should try to get some before and after pics of Courtney's room that you can post here.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those shelves are great, lots of room to put in your beautiful quilts . I admire both yours and your husband's work.

I wish I have your work ethic; I don't seem to finish anything. I don't quilt, but I knit and I always have a few projects on the go.

I wish I know how to quilt, I recently got rid of 5 large garbage bags of fabric. I used to sew a lot, but in the last few years I was more of a collector than a sewer.

I still have a bag with scraps of different fibers and textures suitable for quilting. I am going to come often to your blog to get inspired, and maybe I too become a quilter.
Great blog by the way, thank you for sharing.
Evelina
PS, I saw the link to your blog in the 50Plus Forum

Amanda Jean said...

those shelves are amazing!!! you are a lucky one.

Anonymous said...

the shelves look great - I can just see them filled up with all kinds of color.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Canada, Illinois, not to far whenever jerry has a chnace I have the spot!!!

Mary Johnson said...

The shelves look wonderful - I love my wall of shelves although they need a bit of straightening as does the entire sewing room!

Enjoy your snow!

Anonymous said...

The shelves are great! I would love to see the rest of the sewing room! You are very neat and tidy.