Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A NEW YEAR GIFT TO ME!



I gifted myself this morning. I bought a new issue of Better Homes as it has become my new best favorite magazine. I still love Fons and Porter but gosh these last couple of issues of BHG just are the best.



I have so many ideas for the new year and this just helped me plan!



Courtney has the flu, and an ear infection to boot. This morning we went to the doctor's to get the diagnosis. We were treated by what is called a

Practical Nurse who has vast experience in


diagnosing patients and even issuing prescriptions.



It was a very good experience and Courtney will have to forgo her training schedule for the next few days to a week. She was more concerned about her training program being put on hold than her illness. In any event the girl is in bed, with amoxicillon and moaning and groaning as teens will do. Her mother is practicing being patient. Not a small feat for mother and daughter both. I love them both so much and can't wait till they become fast friends again instead of mother and daughter, just like Kel and I are now. They are so funny together...

Oh my it's cold today, so cold that my walk with the dog was short. It's only 14 above zero F. That's cold in any country, but here in Canada, well we talk of the weather. It's in our psychy.

I wonder what they talk about in, say, Australia. Surely it's not the weather. Must be how may bodies were roasted on the beach on Sunday would be a better topic. You know I hear it's the only country that the roasters turn over by themselves... sick joke.

See you next year


5 comments :

Lisa Pogue said...

heehee, cute post. If it makes you feel better right now it's 16 degrees here in Missouri at 9:30pm. So it must be 0 where you are if it was 14 today? It was 50 here yesterday. You have a wonderful New Year you hear!!!!!

Jeannette Bruce said...

Oh, I agree about BHG being the best quilting magazine. I wish we got it over here in Australia. Ha ha, not talk about the weather over here? I've never experienced people talking more about the weather than here in country Australia. You can't talk to anyone without first mentioning the weather and how it would be nice if it would rain. Then, as soon as it does rain everyone asks, "How many mils did you get?" Everyone has a measuring device and after a rain storm people like to compare what they got with the neighbors! Me being from Michigan I use to find this a bit funny, but I am right into it now. The amount of rain determines everything on the farms over here!

Terri Steffes said...

Thanks for visiting me! I love your blog... it looks like we have a lot in common! It's cold here today, like Lisa said, and I am staying in as much as I possibly can! I do have a Westie, and a Cavashon which is Bichon Freise and King Charles Cavalier Spaniel mix!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanci, loved your blog about BHG. I don't have many quilting mags, but my absolute favorite is an issue of BHG "our best quilts" 2006. Hmmm...maybe I should search for 2007 and 2008 now that I think about it. - Valerie

Quiltgal said...

What a great gift, every magazine is a touch of inspiration. Lots of great idea's in that one.
Hope you have a happy New Year. Keep on Stitchin