Monday, December 29, 2008

ALMOST NEW YEAR



I've bought fabric and have picked the pattern and have cut the 9 patch that is 3 1/2" squares. I love the fabrics I've chosen for the quilt that I'm making. It's from Better Homes and Gardens, most recent issue.

This is the quilt.

I'm loving this pattern which is easy and fun to do.

I finished all the 9 patch squares yesterday and today the 9" squares will be cut and the quilt placed together. It's for a nephew.


Picking out the colours for this has been easy and

putting the blues and orange together just makes it a really fun and bright piece of work.


I also bought some sudued fabric because it was

so pretty and I don't know what I'll do with it,

maybe a lap quilt or just a throw. I loved the

Victorian feel of the colours. Yeah I know I

like more modern stuff, but this just caught

my eye at the shop.




I'm having a hard time placing all these photos, but at least

they're here.



Yesterday the winds were so high that it made walking quite

treacherous. When I walked Wilson he was almost blown away from me. He felt it and actually looked around to see who had moved him....so funny. The weather was warm in the morning which is when I walked.

The trees from the Cullen ravine sounded like a roar and I could see the trees moving in all directions. By afternoon it was about 10 degrees colder and still windy. The chill factor must have been high.

I remember the "Christmas" winds in the Virgin Islands at this time of year, always called this by the locals as it seemed as if this was the time of year that it became quite blowing on the seas and sure enough when I went on the web cam in the islands yesterday I could see the masts of the sailboats going in all directions.

Of course the weather was about 40 degrees warmer, and there had been a few boat reporting trouble because of the winds. The seas on the atlantic side of Tortola were moving well.

Jerry went to the lake to see the waves. They were huge! He didn't walk out to the pier because it would have been dangerous and no one else was walking there either.



4 comments :

Dionne said...

I love your fabrics! They are beautiful. It's cold (relatively) and windy here as well in the Puget Sound, but it's chuking with rain. Perfect weather to sit by the fire and quilt!
Cheers,
Dionne

Nanette Merrill said...

It is fun to hear about your weather and what is going on where you are. The fabrics are really lovely. I think your quilt will be a wonderful project.

Anya said...

Love the fabrics you've chosen for the 9-patch.

Karen said...

The fabric is perfect for your nephew's quilt.