Saturday, January 3, 2009

ONE FINE QUILT



This quilt is by Deb at http://quiltgal.blogspot.com/



She lives in Canada and when I saw this quilt, I just thought that the colours were amazing, the quilt itself set with the setting just made "one fine quilt" so I am posting it here for you to see.

I visit her blog just to look at this quilt which is so bright...you know I love bright colours don't you?



We, that is my main man and I were planning to have coffee and the Toronto Star in bed this morning just to relax and be like the old days of staying in bed and reading the paper on Saturday mornings then have a brunch and the day would go from there. Well no such luck, it's now 9:45 and still no paper. Ah well next week...


It's a sunny sunny day in Whitby, yipee, and another walk is in store for me to enjoy. You know if you face the sun, close your eyes, even on the coldest day, you can feel the warmth on your lids. It's wonderful to feel!



I am making a list of the projects that I want to make for next year. I do have one for the boys that will blow their socks off and since they might, I say might loosely read this blog, I can't tell you but if you write here, I'll tell you on your blog. I think it would be a fabulous idea for any boy 6-60 for sure.


Lisa posted on my blog, saying she loved the Missouri weather...I first thought she wrote misery weather, but she loves winter. I am going to try and think like she does. Looking out the patio door this morning and seeing a bit of fresh snow does make it look like a winter wonderland. So I am going to try and look for the silver lining on this day.



Kelly's banana bread turned out amazing. It did make two loaves though and I 'll post it next time. Yummy yummy and she says it's calorie free......yeah right.

8 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that quilt too and have bookmarked her page but I need to make a copy of that photo in case she takes it off of her header for some reason. I figure any mixture of blocks in the same setting will look great and make head way into my stash!
Here in Arkansas it got up to 71 degrees today!!! couldn't believe it as we had no bad thunder storms to go with it - of course now they say our high will be first thing in the morning at about 55 and downhill from there :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Yes Karen, it's a beaut alright. And it can't be duplicated because it's so original.

Alettesiriane said...

A wonderful quilt thankyou for the link,I am just to press it with anticipation!

Terri Steffes said...

Thank you for coming to visit me! The eagles were lovely! I can't stop thinking about them! I love the quilt you featured. I think it is the black outline that is what I am drawn to. Love that!

Wilma Lee said...

Now I'm dying to know about the project for the "boys"!! And I love that quilt too. I need more time!!!

Quiltgal said...

Thanks so much for the kind words Nancy, I looked it up and the Quilt was made from A pattern in Quilters Newsletter Magazine, October 2005 called "the puzzle" We did make some changes to the original pattern but it was pretty close. Thanks again

Kim D. said...

Nanci, That quilt is beautiful. I love brights and I'll have to bookmark that site for a later project. I have such a large list already. Thanks for visiting my blog. I replied to you but wasn't sure you made it back. The Framed Four Patch is made with 5" charms and then framed with 2.5" batiks. Very easy pattern, you'll have to try it. I plan to make another one sometime with different fabrics. Happy New Year!!

Amanda Jean said...

that quilt is beautiful! thanks for the link!