Thursday, July 16, 2009

A BUSY BUSY DAY. THURSDAY





I tell you, when the energy level is high, I just don't know when to stop.



I received this lovely fabric from Jane and just didn't know what to do with it till now. Since I am in love with nine patch quilts these days, this will make a lovely quilt. I am going to use white sashings for these squares.




Jane sent this along with a very pretty little quilt that sits on the table in the kitchen here at the cottage. It is very admired I tell you.



I will have a variation of these colours in the

quilt as I go along and maybe can find some

white with little dots or flowers to just set

it off.



I am on a roll I tell you.



I also made a couple of bags in about an hour, cut and finished too. I lined them as the first ones I made didn't have the thickness I wanted. They are sturdy, but don't have the stability look of these one. So easy and the second one even got a pocket....See the photo with the staging of said bag.



It will probably be given away this weekend as

I am taking them home to get an opinion of what

can be done to them to enhance their use.



I actually think I will put side pockets in them

too. That would be good for shopping etc.
















I found the straps at Fabricland for $.23 per metre....I took everything they had and have it in blue and beige...This is fun. The strapping was about $1.99 regular...so it was a great find.



I think I may make some deeper ones next, but using the same style as this. The will make great gifts when we go to dinner at friends..

Since I was on a roll today, I pieced all the remaining blocks I had left over of the black quilt I made. Oh and speaking of the quilt. I got two rows reversed, so I must take it apart. I hope it isn't going to be too much work.. I am an expert at picking, but it's not my favorite thing you know. I didn't know of the error,didn't see it as it's so busy until I looked at the blog photo...You don't want to know what I said....


I am writing this in the evening awaiting my sweetie to come in from the workshop...He has lots of energy too these days...a good thing we are going home for a few days to learn to relax again.




4 comments :

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh what a pretty bag - I am always on the lookout for shopping totes. I have several but it seems that they are constantly being used and I always need more. That strapping was a great buy!!!

Crispy said...

What a cute bag Nanci!! Is it for shopping or hauling all the important stuff we keep in our purses?

Crispy

Unknown said...

I have already lost one to a granddaughter who just loves it! I told her that she didn't need to take it if she was just "being nice" but she loves it and the pocket addition too.
I did 2 in one hour cut out and sewed. Yeah I think they are cute too. I'm making more.. For shopping etc.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Nanci the bag and blocks are so cute! Love that watering can fabric so much.