Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SWANKY CHEZ MOI....FINISHED!

When I started this quilt, I think I was in a
great place for creating. Not only did it turn
out better than I expected, but it really is so
just plain pretty!



I used up one 1200 yds roll of thread give or take a bobbin or so. Just to do the stippling was 12 bobbins! Thank goodness for the Janome winding of spools, it is so efficient!


I had a hard time deciding to even just open the Jelly Roll, let alone what I was to do with it! I decided to do a coin quilt. I used one of my
favorite fabrics for the backing in yellow. It really makes the quilt look kind of delicate even
though it's fairly bright.




Oh and I tried to photograph it sort of like BGH magazine front.. oh well it's finished. It took me almost three days to just do the stippling because I decided to do it close.


I have another sort of coin quilt top to finish as it was started with scraps of left overs in the winter and speaking of the "W" word, I must move along because I think we will have only a few weeks left here at the cottage.


I was sewing this afternoon and looked out the
window and noticed that this tree turned colour
overnight! OH OH!


We started out with thunder and lightning to
go with the rain this morning, but this afternoon
wow!, The sun is out and a light breeze to dry
the deck and it's truly beautiful.....70 degrees and
it's almost September 26th....my birthday.



We are heading to the dock for the rest of the afternoon since it's so sunny down there!


thanks for stopping by!













14 comments :

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the coin quilt!! you sure do use up a bit of thread with machine quilting don't you?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Val - Apple Cottage said...

Love your quilt Nanci. The stippling is perfect for it. I wish you could share your rain with us because at the moment we are having the worst duststorm I have ever seen. It's pretty awful and asthmatics are having a bad time with it.

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE your coin quilt! And I think you did a great job with the photo shoot :-)

Barb said...

Nanci, your quilt is wonderful...

Anya said...

I love that quilt -- and the photo setup is just perfect. Nice job, Nanci.

Jacque. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love seeing your work.

Crispy said...

Oh Nanci that is so lovely!! Well Done!! Wow machine quilting takes a LOT of thread!!

Crispy

Trish said...

Your Coin Quilt looks great! I can't imagine using all those bobbins of thread. Wow, you were busy.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I love your coin quilt. The yellow on the back is really nice. Thanks for letting me peek.

Jennifer said...

Better Homes will be hiring you as a photo consultant yet! Your quilt is lovely. We're looking forward to seeing fall colours soon.

Debbie said...

Great quilt....... love the sunny, fresh colors....

Suzanne said...

Nanci, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your very kind words. I am so glad to have found you and your lovely quilts! How I wish I had a bit of your talent:-)

Anonymous said...

I like the coin quilt. I really like the colours of that jelly roll. Very nice.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am in love with you quilt!! It is really stunning!!!